6

When Ridge dropped me off at my house, I made my way to my bedroom, where I found Emilee sitting on my bed. She looked at me, a huge grin on her face. "So, how was your date with Ridge?" she asked.

I glared at her for a moment. "It wasn't a date."

"Yeah, sure."

"But if you really have to know, it wasn't bad," I said, smiling.

Emilee clapped her hands excitedly. "Tell me everything."

And so I did.

When I was finished, Emilee  clapped her hands together Once again. "Ooh, this sounds like your love life finally exists!" she said.

I rolled my eyes. "I never said liked him, Emilee. I just said that he wasn't a bad guy."

Now, it was her turn to roll her eye. "Yeah, sure," she replied. "Did he ask you out again?"

I blushed. "Um, kinda."

"This is amazing!" she squealed.

"He just asked me to the movies," I said.

Emilee smiled. "That's a date, Brae. Another one. Just think, you guys are going to get married and grow old together, and it all started with a dare. Perfect love story."

"Emilee, baby steps," I laughed.

She shrugged. "Fine. So, are we going to have a sleepover or
what?" she asked.

I laughed, "Sure, why not?"
××××××
We spent the next few hours watching movies, listening to music, and just talking.

That's when her phone buzzed, signaling a text. She read it and laughed, "Marcus wants to know if he and Xavier can come over."

I shrugged. "Sure. Why not?" I asked. Ten minutes later Marcus, Xavier, Emilee, and I were in my room.

"So, how was your date, Brae?" Xavier asked.

I groaned, "It wasn't a date."

"If you don't forget, I'm a guy, and as a guy, I know when a guy takes a girl out for ice cream, it's a date," Xavier replied, laying back on my beanbag chair.

"Okay, Xavier, the only girl you take out for ice cream is Marcus, so your advice is irrelevant," I said.

He shrugged. "Just telling you the truth, Braelyn," he said.

"Wait, Brae, you never told me when Ridge was taking you to the movies," Emilee said, nudging me.

"Next Friday," I told her, laying down on my bed and putting my feet on her lap.

"Ooh," Marcus said in his best girl voice. Xavier joined in.

"I swear you two are dating behind Emilee's back," I said shaking my head.

Marcus sucked his teeth. "Xavier wishes he had this," he said, motioning to himself.

Xavier rolled his eyes. "That wasn't what you were saying last night," Xavier said with a smile. We all erupted into laughter.

That's when my door opened. Kyle stood in the doorway, and when he saw all of us, he raised his eyebrows. "Are all of you staying the night?" he asked.

I looked at Marcus and Xavier. "Do you guys want to stay over?" I asked.

"Yep," the said in unison.

I looked at Kyle. "I guess," I told him.

"I'll order more pizza," Kyle said the shut the door.
××××××
I came out of the bathroom, drying my hair. I walked to my bedroom where Marcus and Emilee were, sound asleep in my bed. I frowned. It looked like I was sharing the floor with Xavier.

I tossed my towel in my hamper and made my way to the kitchen. Xavier sat at the island, eating some pizza. "Looks like we're sharing the floor," I said, grabbing a piece of pizza.

"Great. I'll try not to give a black eye again," Xavier said.

I laughed. The last time all of us stayed the night I had to share the bed with Xavier, and he ended up elbowing me in the face. I had a black eye for a straight week.

"Well, I'm going to head up. Goodnight, Braelyn," Xavier said, walking past me.

I smiled. "Goodnight, Xavier," I said. He smiled and made his way to my room.

I finished off two more slices of pizza before heading up to bed. Xavier had made us a pallet in the floor, and I crawled underneath the blanket. That's when Xaiver had scooted closer to me until he stomach had touched my back and his arm was draped over my waist.

"Goodnight, Brae," he whispered in my ear.

"Goodnight, Xavier," I replied, my eyes already closing. He pulled me a little closer, and I closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep.