empire state of mind

DAISY
Daisy's nerves didn't settle for the rest of the day. Could this new girl have a chance at taking her down? She had seemed like a worthy candidate for queen looks wise. Jacob wouldn't shut up afterwards about how funny this 'Ella' girl was, much to Daisy's annoyance.

As confident as she may seem, Daisy Bass was not experienced in the boyfriend department. She had lost her virginity when she was only fourteen, something that she didn't tell anyone, to a guy at boarding school named Mark. He was fifteen, and a stoner. Needless to say, the relationship didn't end well. Since then, Daisy had just had flings, but never been in love.

For a long time she wished she'd never slept with Mark, because he lost interest in her almost immediately. Now it seemed so long ago that she couldn't care less.

So when Ella de Felice turned up at Constance, Daisy's title and boyfriend were at risk. She knew one thing: she had to take her down.

"Minions! Assemble!" She said, holding out her clipboard.

Daisy had ordered that they all come over to hers to plan the takedown of the new girl. Harriet, Lisette and Gisela sat, notebooks at the ready, on her bed.

"What do we know about Ella de Felice?" She asked, taking the lid off a fountain pen.

"She says she just transferred from an international school in Milan," Lisette piped up. "From what the school records say, both her parents are Italian, but she was brought up in Vancouver."

"Good work, Lisette," Daisy said professionally. "Gisela, what did you find online."

"It's weird," Gisela said, her eyes glued to her laptop. "All social media accounts were made a few months ago. There's no online records of her before then."

"So she might be using a fake name!" Adrenaline pumped through Daisy's veins. "I was just thinking of something embarrassing to expose, but we might actually be onto something big!"

"I found some embarrassing photos of her on Instagram," Harriet offered.

"Those are just her regular selfies," Lisette said, peering over at Harriet's phone.

"Exactly," Harriet replied, grimacing. "Tragic, right?"

"We don't have time to critique her fashion disasters or bad selfies," Daisy said. "We might have found something massive. Keep digging."

Daisy's phone chirped, and she quickly checked it. There was one text, from Jacob.

Jake: Meet me at the top of the Empire State in an hour. Don't be late.

A smile spread across Daisy's face. 'Ella' hadn't been invited to the Empire State and Jake was still romantic and spontaneous as ever.

"Change of plan, girls," Daisy said. "I have to meet my beau, so you'll have to work on this while I'm out."

"Our pleasure," Gisela said with a devious smile.

"Text me updates on what you've found,"
She said, rushing off to get changed.

The sun was setting over the New York skyline as Daisy reached the top of the Empire State. She wore a pink floral Miu Miu dress underneath her trench coat and a pair of red D&G patent leather Mary Janes. Over her shoulder was a patchwork Chanel bag and in her hair was a pink silk headband with pearls embroidered.