bad media karma

BLAIR
Blair was feeing better. Her night with Daisy had really helped, and now she was okay. The brunette had two options: one, she let Eva be and learn to live with Chuck's decision and two, to get rid of the girl once and for all. But she didn't have to decide just yet. Blair had a chance to apologise to Chuck, at a big lunch the next day he was hosting at the Empire. Then, she would decide what to do. For now, Blair had an Art History essay to write and an apology to plan. She was feeling good about the day.

DAISY
Another day at school awaited, and Daisy had plans to get breakfast with her brother. Today felt different. Not only did she know that she'd see Jacob today, but Daisy was exited to take Little Jenny Humphrey down. It was only a matter of time before it would happen naturally, but Daisy wanted to see her off herself.

"Chaaaarles!" Daisy sang as she jumped up on her brother who was holding two coffees on the steps of the Met.

"What put you in a good mood?" Chuck laughed, handing her a cup.

"Last night was amazing," Daisy sighed. "I saw Jacob, and he's going to be at school today!"

"Oh... Jacob," Chuck raised an eyebrow.

"What? You don't like him?" Daisy pouted, taking a sip of coffee, only to burn her tongue.

"No! It's not that," The boy said. "It's just... you've been pretty upset over him before. Don't get yourself hurt."

Daisy rolled her eyes, even though she knew he was right.

"Speaking of, how are you and Blair?" She asked, genuinely quite interesting.

"I'm still pissed," Chuck admitted. "She set me up. Me and Eva are none of her business, so she should stay out of it."

"Then tell her," Daisy said. She knew how upset Blair was about the whole thing and the best thing was for Chuck to be honest so she could at least try to move on. "You know," she added. "Blair is just looking out for you. She doesn't trust Eva."

Chuck rolled his eyes. "And why would she look out for me? She hates me."

Daisy looked up to the sky with a pained expression on her face.

"Why are you so stupid?" She asked impatiently. "You know she doesn't hate you! She wants to, of course, but you can't choose who you hate."

Chuck didn't say anything, he only looked down at his coffee.

"You know," Daisy beamed. "You've changed a lot in one and a half years."

"You think?" He asked, looking happily at Daisy.

"Yeah! I mean, you're actually dating someone," Daisy said. "You've been able to admit that you love someone."

"It was her," Chuck muttered, looking away with a grim expression on his face. "Blair's the reason I could change."

Daisy nodded but didn't reply.

"You should go to school," Chuck said, after a minute of silence. "Also, I've got to go and set some things up at the empire for the big lunch tomorrow. Are you coming, by the way?"