Chapter Five - The Trouble With "Fans"

The Trouble With "Fans"

Lauren's POV

It had been a few days since we arrived in London, and since being here, I hadn't taken many pictures of Ben and Ryan, but more of the city itself. It was beautiful here. Ben and Ryan had taken me around, showing me the sights, having a really good time.

Ryan had finally began to lighten up, even smiling from time to time. He had slowly started to work on his laptop less, actually socializing with Ben and I. I had gotten to know him a bit more these past few days, and I also got to know a little bit more about Alison.

Ryan talked about her from time to time, and everytime he did, a smile on his face, and a sparkle in his eyes. He loved her, and it was no secret. It made me sad to think he had found his soul mate, and lost her just like that. 

"So, you ready for the first show tonight?" Ben asked as we walked down a quiet London street.

"I'm excited to finally start working for real." I replied.

"I'm excited to finally see some of your work." Ben said.

"You could've just asked. I would have gladly shown you some of my past pictures, or even some I've taken while we've been here." I said.

"Well yeah, but they aren't off us." He said.

I raised an eyebrow at him before pulling my bag off of my back and opening it. I took my camera out before placing my bag back on my back. I turned on my camera, going to the library before finding a few pictures I had taken the past few days.

"I've got a few." I said as I held the camera out to him.

He took the camera from my grip and looked at the pictures, an unreadable expression on his face. He then passed the camera to Ryan, pointing out a few in particular that he said he liked. 

"These are impressive." Ryan said as he handed the camera back.

"Thank you." I said with a smile.

"No problem." Ryan replied with a matching smile.

"So are you guys excited? I mean a new tour, that's gotta be exciting." I said as I shut my camera off and put the strap around my neck, letting it hang over my chest.

"I think it'll be nice to just be back out there actually doing something, instead of sitting at home on the sofa doing nothing." Ben said.

"Agreed." Ryan said.

"I think it shows a lot that you guys can go through so much, and still get up there on stage." I said.

"We do it for the fans." Ben said happily.

"That's what I love about you guys. No matter what happens, you keep going for your fans." I said.

"They've done so much for us, it's the least we can do for them." Ryan replied.

At this point, we had reached the hotel. Tricia was standing at the door, an angry look on her face and not looking at all happy.

"Where the hell have you been?!? You are meant to be at soundcheck in 20 minutes and you're just now getting back here?!? I expect it from you Lauren, but not you two." She yelled as she glared at me.

"Tricia, lay off. It's not Lauren's fault." Ben said as I took my hand and pulled me inside and past Tricia.

"Where do you think you're going?" She asked angrily.

"To my room to get ready. I'll be down when I'm done. Seriously, lay off." Ben said with a glare. 

Tricia's face softened, obviously realizing that if she pushed him any farther, she'd be going home. I followed Ben inside, Ryan trailing closely behind, a smirk evident on his face.