Chapter 8 - New Acquaintance

AN: Hello! I am so sorry it has taken me so long to update! I've been busy with school and moving and other things, so I apologize. I hope you are all well, and I hope you enjoy this chapter. I know it's not much and it's not very eventful, but I'm going to try to get some new things going on soon. 

Thank you for continuing to read and be amazing.

Lots Of Love,

Bree xx

New Acquanintance 

Lauren's POV

It had been a few days since Tricia had left tour, and having Bree here was a lot more pleasant. We got along well, despite the fact that she was Ben's ex. Ryan became happier, having another friend around and all. All in all, Bree coming on tour seemed to be a better idea than Tricia being here.

We had just recently arrived in Australia, and we were exploring Sydney. Bree and Ryan joined Ben and I as we shopped and went out to lunch. It was an exciting day, and it became even more exciting when we all met up with an old friend of theirs. 

"Stu." Ryan said happily as a long haired man walked up to us.

It wasn't until he was stood directly in front of us that I recognized him. Stu Larsen. Australian musician and photographer. His photography was actually one of the main reasons I even began taking pictures. He was amazing.

"Nice to see you all again." Stu said with a smile before shaking Ryan and Ben's hands and giving Bree a hug.

When he noticed me, he gave me a smile before reaching his hand out to shake mine.

"And you are?" He questioned politely.

"Lauren Andrews. Their photographer." I said as I gestured towards Ben and Ryan before shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you." Stu said.

"Nice to meet you as well. I love your photography." I replied.

"Well thank you." He said.

"No problem." I said.

And so we added another person to our walk around Sydney, except he actually knew where he was going. Seeing as he was from Australia.

"So Lauren, how long have you been a photographer?" Stu asked a little while later.

"Ten or so years." I answered.

"So you really enjoy it then?" He asked.

"More than anything else." I said.

"So you wouldn't go back and change your career path if you got the chance?" He questioned.

"Ryan asked me the same thing about a week back. I really don't think I'd ever change my career path. I love what I do." I responded.

And so we continued with the random questions, getting to know each other a bit more. We talked about our photography more than anything, talking about our favorite past jobs and jobs we wish we could get.

At the end of the day, as we were about to go our seperate ways, we exchanged numbers and agreed to keep in touch about our photography adventures.

When we arrived back at the hotel, Ben and I went to our room, while Ryan and Bree went to their's. We had decided when we arrived in Australia that that was the easiest and smartest thing to do.

"So you and Stu seemed to get along quite well." Ben said as we sat on the sofa about an hour later.

"You don't sound too happy about that." I replied.

"It just seemed like maybe you got along a little too well." he said, emphasizing the 'too'.

"And it seems like maybe you're a bit too jealous." I said, also emphasizing the 'too'.

"And what if I am?" He asked, turning to look at me.

"I'd have to tell you that you have nothing to worry about." I said as I looked at him.

"Are you sure about that?" He asked.

"Completely sure." I replied.

"As long as you're sure." He said before moving a bit closer and putting an arm over my shoulder.

"Well, now I know you get jealous." I said with a smirk.

"Fairly easily. Glad you figured it out sooner rather than later." He said.

"If I hadn't, I might have had to stop you from like beating someone up." I said with a laugh.

"You might have." He said, laughing as well.

"So other than your jealousy, today was pretty nice." I said as I leaned further into him.

"I agree. It was nice to see an old friend and to have Ryan happy again." Ben said.

"I guess maybe we should go out more." I suggested.

"That does sound like a pretty great idea." he agreed.

"Where do we go next?" I asked.

"You'd have to check with Bree. She has the schedule, I kind of forgot." he said.

"How do you even forget something like that?" I asked.

"Very carefully." He replied sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes at his sarasm before standing up from the sofa and heading towards my bags.

"What're you doing?" He asked.

"Getting changed. These jeans are uncomfortable." I replied.

"Oh, okay." he said as he turned his attention to the TV, focusing on whatever happened to be on.

When I returned ten mintues later, Ben had fallen asleep. I giggled at his odd position; lying on his side with his feet kicked up on the coffee table. The sofa was a bit too small for him, so he looked a bit out of place and maybe uncomfortable.

"Ben?" I questioned lightyly as I kneeled in front of him.

"Hmm?" he mumbled, not moving a muscle.

"Why don't you just go to bed if you're tired?" I questioned.

"I don't have the energy to get up and walk all the way there." he said.

"Lazy." I said as I flicked his nose before turning to walk away.

"You could always just stay here with me." He said as he quickly grabbed my hand.

"Or you could come to the bedroom and actually go to bed." I replied.

"I guess I could do that." He said as he finally shifted, getting up and walking towards our room.

"Guess you did have the energy after all." I said.

"Guess so." He said as he flopped down onto the bed face first.

"Move over." I whined, as he was taking up the entire bed.

He let out a groan before moving over in the slightest, giving me just enough room.

"Are you going to be like this all tour?" I asked.

"I very well could be, and you'll just have to deal with it." He said, and you could tell there was a smirk on his face.