Chapter 20- The Correct Path

MITM CHAPTER 20

LEXIS POV

My hand slapped over my mouth as I walked into Jason and Ian's room. Tyler and the other guys all seemed a bit shaken up, and I had yelled a bit at them all, asking why I couldn't help.

"We didn't want any of you girls to get hurt. It's not that we didn't believe you could do it, but we wouldn't be able to take it if any of you had been hurt." Jerome had explained. I sighed and nodded, walking out of the house to go to the hospital.

I couldn't do anything but stare at Ian and Jason. Neither were moving, but we were told they would soon. Hopefully. I'm not even adding the hopefully. They doctor said it.

"I can't believe this happened... The cops got everyone who did this, right?" I checked. It was silent. "Well? Did they?"

Everyone looked at Jordan and he groaned. "Of course you choose me..." He mumbled. "Well, they got all but the one that... Did this to Ian." He explained, motioning to Ian's bandaged neck.

"Who was that? Sam and Christian were fighting y'all. So who's the other guy?" I asked. This time, Jordan quickly turned to Ty and Adam to avoid questioning. Ty rolled his eyes.

"It was Brett. You know, the guy who attack Mitch's family? That Brett." He said before looking back to the really important thing on his phone he wouldn't show us. He was typing furiously when he finally sent it before putting his phone back in his pocket. I caught a glimpse of the name he was texting before he put it away.

'Lily

"Does Ty have a girlfriend?" I asked, poking his cheek. His face went bright red and he looked down, messing with his thumbs.

"Maybe..." He mumbled. I looked at Adam and grinned. He grinned back.

"BUT TY! WHAT WE HAD WAS SPECIAL!" Adam yelled and started fake crying. I laughed lightly, then turned back around to look at two of my best friends that were unconscious. The conversation went on without me while I stared off into space, wondering if I could have saved them. I didn't notice the tears had returned until someone hugged me from behind.

"It's okay Lex. Don't cry. It'll be okay." Jordan whispered, wiping away my tears. I took a deep. Reach and nodded, giving him a tiny smile. He gladly returned the smile, flashing me his bright white teeth. I turned in his arms and hugged him properly. We stood there for a good few minutes as I cried into his shirt.

Then the door swung open. "What did I miss?" Mitch's voice asked from the doorway. I looked over at him in shock. When he said he was coming, I didn't think he meant it! I still hugged Jordan and felt the tears go down my face as I watched him

walk over to the others, beginning to talk very seriously and quietly to them. I didn't know why until a little boy bounded into the room.

"Mitch is this Lexi?" He asked, tugging at the leg of my jeans lightly. Mitch turned with a "hm?" then chuckled.

"Yes Connor, that's Lexi." He answered before turning back to the conversation.

"Hi Lexi! Hi Jordan! Lexi, Mitch talks about you all the time at home! Even when he was sitting outside and crying and stuff. He talked about Jerome too! He said he messed up really bad when he was down here before. I wanna fix it so my brother can be happy again. Can you help me?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. I looked up at Jordan and turned once again in his arms to face Connor. Jordan didn't let go, but that was okay.

I smiled lightly at the little boy and ruffled his hair, making him giggle. "Sure bud." I answered. Jordan's grip tightened around me, so I turned around to him. He was looking around at everyone, but finally looked at me and gave me a small smile. I smiled back, then looked back to Connor. "I'll help you out." He smiled widely. I wiggled out if Jordan's grasp and knelt down to hug the boy. He hugged me back, then I stood up. Connor ran off happily.