Chapter 10

****Niall's POV****

I screamed immediately after my fist collided with Liam's flawless face. He passed out from the blow and I scrambled off the couch as I covered my mouth to silence the cries coming from me. I stared at my hand and saw it shaking. How could I do such a thing? I was trembling in fear and looked at Liam, knowing when he woke up he'd be terrified of me and almost certainly kick me out.

"Oh God, oh God, OH GOD!" I cried as I shook Liam, but he was out cold. I brushed my fingers along the elevated skin and saw bruising already forming. I wasn't safe to be around anymore...even if it was from the medication...I HIT Liam! I was so upset and angry I HIT my own fiance who I swore I'd never let get hurt again...much less thinking that person would be me. I didn't know what to do...why had I reacted that way? Even if I were mad, why did I hit him? I didn't even have enough self control to refrain myself from screaming in his face and letting my fist smash against that perfect face. 

"What do I do?" I asked myself as I stood up and paced the floors. I grabbed a post-it note and pen and sat down at the table. I stared at the yellow paper and held the pen shakily in my hand. Even if I left, where was I going to go? Would I go crazy again? Could I really make it without Liam?

Yes! Don't you see what you've done?

I swallowed hard as the voice returned to my head. I closed my eyes tightly as I gently set the pen down and took a deep breath. 

Sure it was just a punch THIS TIME...but what'll be NEXT TIME?

"SHUT UP! There isn't going to be a next time!" I screamed outloud defiantly. I took a deep breath as I crumpled up the note and threw it across the room. I sat in the chair and ran my hands over my face as I tried to regain sanity, and it actually seemed like I did. 

"Fuck me," I sighed, knowing all the karma was coming back to get me now for everything in my past. I slowly stood up and went over to Liam's passed out body and I sat with him. I took his hand as tears fell from my eyes and I held it tight. 

***

"I love you...I do. It's probably not healthy how much I love you to be honest, but I don't care. I hurt you Liam...I don't know how I could hurt someone I love so entirely much and that scares me. I think it's better for everyone if I just leave Li. I don't want to hurt you anymore babe. I'm always going to love you, but I think this is the best solution for now," I whispered softly as I quickly kissed his lifeless lips. I struggled to lift him up, but I finally did and I carried him down to our bedroom and got him on the bed. 

"There you go," I whispered, wiping my tears away as I tucked him into the bed. I sat with him for a minute wanting to snuggle up against him, but I knew Liam would be repulsed by me and make me leave anyways, so I stood up and walked to the door.

"I love you," I whispered softly, lingering by the door to try and carry out the process of leaving, but I couldn't imagine life without Liam. I didn't have a choice though, I had to leave him regardless of howin love we were...I hurt him and I couldn't live with myself anymore knowing I'd physically hurt him.

"You were the best thing that happened to me, and I'm so angry I didn't have enough self control to stop myself from hurting you," I cried, shutting the door.

****Liam's POV****

I woke up to feel my face throbbing and I moaned as I ran my fingers over it. I swallowed hard as I stood up and made my way to my bathroom. I stared in the mirror and just bit my lip. The left side of my face was swollen and the outside of my eye was a purple black. I sighed quietly as I recalled the event. Niall....where the hell was Niall? My breathing began growing quicker as I opened the door and stumbled into the living room. He wasn't there. I ran my hand through my hair as I peered through the kitchen and found him non-present. I burst into tears as I walked over to the table and found post it notes and a pen. I saw a note crumpled on the floor and I scrambled over to see it.