Struggle

A few days later

Shayne walked into the hospital with bags under his eyes, he was looking more weary by the day.

A few days later

Shayne walked into the hospital and his eyes were bloodshot, with huge bags underneath them.

A few days later

Shayne's eyes were incredibly bloodshot with huge bags under them, he was shaking vigorously from head to foot, and flinched whenever anything came near him.

Shayne walked down the corridor to Courtney's room

14BN

15BN

16BN

17BN

18BN

19BN

Hang on, too far.

He went back to 17BN and walked in.

Noah was already sat there on his phone. When Shayne walked in, he looked up.

"Bro. You look horrible. What's been happening."

"I... I ca-"

"Come on man, sit down."

Shayne stumbled over to the chair and crumpled into it.

"I... ca...n't... sl...ee...p"

Noah winced

"You gotta see a therapist or something man." Noah said "you can't keep living like this."

"Ye"

"Come on, I'll book you a therapy session in and call you an uber."

"O...k"

--------------

A few days later Shayne was in the middle of his third therapy session.

Shayne worked out that it wasn't the fact that he couldn't love Courtney and be with her, it was the fact that she was hospitalised.

Sarah, Shayne's therapist, had short brown hair and bright blue eyes. She sat in the chair opposite Shayne.

"What caused the accident, Mr Topp?"

"There was a ball. And the ball hit her in the head. And she went outside. And she got hit. And it was a car."

Sarah scrunched up her face.

Shayne had gotten a few hours sleep overnight so his speech was better but not quite proper.

"And she's been hospitalised and in a coma ever since?"

"She wake up sometimes. First in truck. She said 'I love you.'" At that, Shayne started to cry a bit.

"It's fine, cry it out Mr Topp."

"Sometime she wake up. She scream."

Shayne then explained the full story... in his own way.

"Well then, shouldn't she be awake and fine by now?" Sarah said.

Shayne opened his mouth to say something but closed it again.

He stood up and barged out of the room.

Sarah didn't bother to chase the man, she just smiled slightly.

Shayne ran outside and into his car. He sped down the highway to the hospital, as fast as he was allowed to go. Only stopping for red lights and crossing pedestrians.

When he got to the hospital, he ran to Courtney's room, she was still unconscious with a Olivia and Anthony by her side.

"Where's doctor?" Shayne said.

"Courtney's? The one with the grey hair?" Anthony asked.

Shayne nodded.

He's in the cafe, he'll be back in a few minutes.

Shayne ran down the corridor and down the stairs (Courtney and Keith were on the second floor).

He ran into he cafe where he saw the grey haired doctor with a sandwich and some apple juice.

The doctor was smiling and walking towards the stairs, he hadn't spotted Shayne.

"Hey doctor!" Shayne said as he was on the stairs. Nobody else was there, not even a security camera.

The doctor turned around.

"Ah, Shayne. What can I do for you?"

"I want to know. Why is Courty..." He stopped, he was ashamed of himself. He couldn't even say her name. "Why is she still asleep?"

"Oh, about that." The doctor sighed. "We probably could've done something about that about two weeks ago. We just had other priorities I'm so-"

Shayne smacked the doctor's tray up into the air and punched it as hard as he could.

Shayne's fist slammed straight into the doctor's face, the only things getting in the way of them colliding, were a tray and a sandwich.

The doctor went flying back and blood exploded from his nose, the apple juice burst and went everywhere, chicken and crumbs littered the floor.

Shayne picked the doctor up by his collar.

"Have my girl sorted out by the end of the week, or I'll take you to court. And don't tell anyone about this either, or I'll do much worse to you. Okay?" Shayne didn't know what happened. It's like his speech patterns were completely back to normal.

"Okay! Okay! Please don't hurt me."

Shayne looked the doctor directly in the eye.

"And DON'T lie to me!"

"Okay! Please let me go."

Shayne slammed the doctor into the wall and let him crumple to he floor.

He quickly tended to his broken nose as Shayne walked up the rest of the stairs and through the corridor.

"Courty."

"Courty"

"Courty"

"Damnit."