entry15

Tuesday, May 2nd, Reading, 8:47 am

I couldn’t figure out who my secret admirer was.

Although the pep rally was pretty cool. I got to talk so much with Nikki and Sophia. Everybody kept doing the wave, and I even joined in! The mascot for our school is a dude dressed in a lightning bolt suit. I got to say, it looked really funny.

At the end of the pep rally, it was time to meet the jocks (who would want to do that? Oh, right, those desperate girls), but, instead, Nikki, Sophia, and I went to sneak a soda drink. That Root Beer was so delicious.

Sophia passed me a note.

Hey, what did the note say? ~Sophia

What note?! ~Charlotte

The paper airplane note of course! What other note would it be? Unless you got another note? Did you?

No, I didn’t get any other note. I was kind of going to wait until I could do a three-way on the phone with you and Nikki. I don’t want either of you to feel left out.

We won’t feel left out! But if you want to tell us both at that time, then I’ll accept that. So what do you want to talk about? Oh! I know! How is that diary working for you?

It’s pretty cool. I’m able to express all my feelings in it without going crazy. You should definitely try it. It’s kind of like talking to yourself, but are you the best one to talk to? When you talk to yourself, nobody is there to call you stupid and say that your thoughts are stupid. It’s actually a really nice concept.

Well, that’s awesome! I might go to Wal-Mart this weekend to get a nice journal to write in. Yours has a lock on it, right? Should I get one like that? So nobody can see my thoughts?

Yeah, it’s actually better. Can we talk about something else? This is kind of a boring topic, no offense.

I was hoping you would cut me off. The topic was kind of stupid. I just made something up for us to talk about. I guess we should stop then? You know, because this is getting boring?

I nodded to her from across the room to indicate that the note-passing is done right now.

For the rest of the time, I sat in my seat, totally ignoring Mr. Fowler, thinking about who my secret admirer is. Could it possibly be a jock? I mean, I don’t notice them, and it’s not like a jock hasn’t liked me before.

No, it couldn’t be. Jocks would be too stupid and hard core to write such a sweet letter. Unless there is such a thing as a jock with a brain.

I guess I’ll never know until he reveals himself, or at least reveals himself a little bit.

 NOTE: I'm sorry if it's hard to tell each chapter apart when you look for it online. lol. :P