Chapter 3 - Enemies

Finally, my last class ended.

Was I really about to meet up with this guy I just met?

Even though I was nervous, I still found myself walking out the school doors in front of the school, waiting near bushes, trying not to get caught in the onslaught of two thousand students. Something in me just really wanted to see Aidan, but I doubt he actually wanted to see me, or maybe that's just my fears and insecurities talking.

Clouds filled the sky. It looked like it was about to rain. Perfect to represent my feelings on the first day of school.

I pulled my jacket tightly around me. Everyone else walked in a group of friends; I was the only loner here. I even considered I was about to be stood up by him, but to my surprise, I heard a deep voice behind me call my name.

I guess I don't recognize Aidan's voice well enough yet. I turned around to be greeting by two guys in tight, black leather with piercings all over. This sort of look wasn't allowed in this school, but I think the teachers were just too scared to say anything. They didn't look happy.

"That is your name right? Macy?" The one who originally called out to me, a blonde one, stepped forward. All I did was nod and gulp; It was obvious their purpose was to scare me. I must've done something that made them unhappy. Great, plus two enemies.

The other one stepped forward as well. His hair was jet black, but that was the only different I found between the two of them. They were both large, muscular, and shamefully not bad looking. They had the same aura Aidan had - it was just as intimidating. "You met Aidan, right?" One guy laughed. I nodded sheepishly again.

The blonde one muttered something under his breath, but all I could make out was the word "human". He came even closer and I involuntarily took steps back, "Don't be shy, girly. I just want to warn you, you should stay away from Aidan. Rumor has it that he's a murderer." He slyly grinned.

Yeah, right, a murderer? Like I would believe that. I'd like to see a high schooler try to get away with murder. Aidan would be in jail by now if he really was.

All of a sudden, I heard that husky voice from behind me, "Don't fucking talk to her."

I turned around and as expected, there was Aidan. He did show up after all.

The two guys weren't fazed. They snickered, the blonde speaking to me again, "I'm Jake." Then he motioned to the dark haired one next to him, "This is Liam."

"I know." Aidan spat, stepping in front of me protectively.

Before he could continue, Jake spoke up, "We weren't talking to you, asshole." He stepped intimidatingly towards Aidan, Liam followed behind. "We were talking to your pretty lady."

Aidan's pupils were dilating. His chest rose in fury, pushing me far back behind him, "Don't fucking speak of her like that. Go away."

I was shocked. Aidan really was scary here; he showed no remorse to Jake and Liam. My blood was pumping.

Instead of leaving, Jake moved even closer. Him and Aidan were practically chest to chest, suggesting a fight. Jake lowered his voice and though he was quiet with his teeth clenched, I heard him threaten Aidan, "I suggest you back away or your little lady is going to see you get knocked the fuck out."

And that was it. Aidan's fists came crashing up into Jake's chin. Jake grunted, falling on the ground. Liam stepped in immediately, hitting Aidan in the nose. Blood trickled out of his noise.

I started screaming, trying to put my hand on Aidan's bicep to back him away, but his body moved away to throw another punch before I could catch him. Not like I would be able to stop him, anyways.