Chapter 4 - Whatever You Say, Boss

The attached photo is how I imagine Aidan and Macy. Of course, feel feel to imagine them however you want (I generally keep character's appearances not-very-detailed to let readers imagine them personally) but that is how I picture them when writing, for the uninitiated. (:

---

I arrived home around 5 pm, two hours after school ended. My mother hadn't even realized I was gone; she was out at the store and got home even later than I did. It worked out well for me, because if she knew I was late home because I was at a stranger's house, I would probably be grounded right now. I didn't need her knowing I befriended someone who got into a fist fight as well.

I left Carrie's house with no update about Aidan, opposite to my plan, though I did receive Aliyah's number.

In response to Aidan's text, I said, "Sure. But are you OK first?"

A notification came in quickly later, "I guess you will see me. But more importantly, are you OK?"

"I guess you will see me." I hit send.

No response.

Trust me, it was not easy to agree to meeting up again, especially after the failure last time. I knew there was something off. There's something other people know that I don't. I wanted to ask Aliyah, but I never found the right time. I have a feeling she would avoid my question anyway.

So far, it's only the first day of school and I already have three enemies but two new friends. Aidan's friend even knows about me already and I just witnessed my first fight, then got taken off into a stranger's home.

If this is what the first day is like, I cant imagine how all the other days are going to turn out.

---

Around 7 pm, Aidan texted me: "Think I can pick you up at the end of your street and we head to a cafe?"

I agreed, then he responded, "Ill be at the end of Emery Drive by 7:30."

Looking at his response, my heart fell. I hadn't told him my street name yet. How could he know?

However, just as quickly as my worry set in, I received another text, "I mean if that is your street?"

That compiled worries on top of the nerves I already had. I couldn't think of what I could say normally, so all I responded with was, "Yes".

Later on, I told my mother I had made friends with someone from my neighborhood, and I was going to walk to their house. If I had said the truth, I wouldn't of been allowed out at dark.

I slipped on my Vans, my mother called from her room, "Please be back by 8:30. It's already dark outside!" She gave me a kiss on the forehead. I nodded and walked out.

It was a five minute walk to the end of my street. I had reached it by 7:25 pm, but there was a car already waiting for me. The passenger seat window went down, and there sat a very bruised, puffy Aidan. He was smiling at me, despite his injuries. I couldn't help but smile back, though being uneasy.

When I got closer, I noticed someone in the driver's seat. I looked at him quizzically. Aidan spoke, "This is my closest friend, Jacob. He wasn't supposed to be here but he wouldn't let me drive from the medic house by myself." I've never heard anyone refer to a hospital as a medic house before.

Aidan was about to step out to open the door for me, but I dismissed him. I didn't want him standing with his injuries. I slid into the backseat, clicking my seat-belt.

"We met in first period." Jacob smiled at me. He seemed almost as powerful as Aidan.

I was relieved, "Wow, so you really are the Jacob." He looked at me, confused, "Your, um, girlfriend told me about a Jacob who was friends with Aidan. I didn't know it was really you."

He chuckled, "Yeah, good thing we have first block together." I smiled.

He started up the car. It was silent for a while before I decided to speak, "Are you, Jacob, coming to the cafe as well?"

"Hell yes." Jacob said, though at the same time Aidan spoke, "Hell no."

Aidan hit him on the arm, "You're not coming!"

Jacob giggled, "I need to make sure you guys are on your best behavior." I sat back with my eyes wide open.

"What the fuck, Jacob." Aidan rolled his eyes, then turned around to look at me, "He's not coming. I'm sorry about him."

I awkwardly smiled, trying to be nice, "I mean, it's alright if he wants to-"

"No, no." Aidan interrupted me, "He doesn't actually want to come. Right, Jacob?"

"Whatever you say, boss." Jacob tried to hide his laugh. It was obvious he only wanted to piss Aidan, which I found myself giggling a bit as well.

While I was smiling, I looked over to the rear-view mirror to find Aidan staring at me. We both quickly looked away, blushing. I didn't know if that was awkward or cute.

Some time later and not much conversation, we pulled up in front of a small cafe.

Aidan began opening his door, "I haven't been here since I was little. It brings back memories."

He got out and opened my door before I could this time. When I stood out and saw him clearly, though he wasn't as badly injured as I expected, I still didn't think he should be walking around out here. His smile faded when he noticed the large bruise on my calf, "Ow... I'm so, so sorry." He was frozen, staring at the bruise.

I raised an eyebrow, "It wasn't your fault. It's just a bruise, anyways. You're the one who was bleeding."

"Yeah, but I heal quickly. I'll be better in days." He shut the door. Jacob remained inside.

"It doesn't matter, you're still very hurt after all, you can't heal that quickly. You're only human."

He seemed frozen, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck, "Yeah, um, you're right." He seemed to try to avoid the topic, immediately walking me onto the sidewalk and calling to Jacob, "Pick us up later. Thanks, man." Jacob nodded, speeding off.

---

A/N: Please star and comment if you've enjoyed. (•ө•)♡

I'm thinking about making shorter chapters, as I don't think using a bunch of dividers ( --- ) looks good. It won't change anything about the story, really. I may be updating quicker with shorter chapters.