Chapter 6 - Twins

Last night, I came home earlier than expected. Jacob was already waiting outside the cafe to pick us up. Aidan more or less demanded me to stay inside once I was home.

On the way home, I had tried to question him, "Who were those guys? Do you know them? What's so bad about them?" But he would only give me no response or vague responses. Jacob was just as tense as Aidan on the way home. I even considered that maybe they were Jake and Liam, since they had ruined Aidan's plan to meet up with me earlier that day, but why would they be like those guys in business suits and dark glasses?

Whatever. They're after him, not me. I had barely seen them and besides, I just moved here over the summer. Barely anyone knows me.

I tried to not feel worried for Aidan, though it was hard not to. He always acted as if there was danger all around him. I don't know if he really is in danger or if he's mental. The only danger I have seen so far is the fight that he assisted in firing up, I have to admit.

More than that, I was worried about Aidan himself. A part of me knew that he seems to have some bad relationships with other people, maybe I should stay away. But another part of me saw he had many good relationships as well, and most importantly I felt secure and comfortable around him. It scared me to feel so close - I guess by now I could even say I'm crushing on him - to someone who obviously had a million secrets, none of which I knew.

I don't know if it's his looks, his power, or his personality that makes me want him. All three, most likely. I've never had a crush like this before. I'm worried that I'm getting myself into deep shit by liking him. While I was hesitant before to admit how I like him, it's become too strong now for me to deny it, especially after hanging out with him last night at the cafe.

He walked me up to my house last night as well. I was worried my mother would see, but he made it quick. He said - and I quote, "I can't risk you walking alone in the dark like this. Especially after being with me."

---The Next Day---

It's already third period and I haven't heard anything from Aidan. He isn't here today. I was bummed out, but I figured he was suspended and also needed that time to heal. On the bright side, Lana didn't give a shit about me today since Aidan wasn't here to talk to me. All she did was flip her hair at me. Jacob and I even greeted each other today.

My classes have already begun the first lesson. In third period, right when the bell rang, the teacher stood up and announced, "Most of you in here already know everyone by senior year. So, get in groups of threes, and we will begin a group presentation assignment. This is due by Monday, so you have a little less than an entire week to work on it. This should last this entire class and be prepared to work outside of school. Find your two partners now."

Great, homework when it's only the second day. Even better, the teacher was right that everyone knew everyone else. Most of these students have been here since preschool, but not me. I knew no one in third period.

Normally, I would at least make some sort of effort to stand up and say "hi" to anyone. However, before the teacher even finished his sentence, people were already making groups. I was in none of them. Once everyone started standing up and moving around, they all already knew where to go. I sat there, awkwardly tapping my pencil to my desk, hoping at least the teacher would notice me and force me in someone's group.

Right when everyone started calming down and I knew all hope was lost, I had two people approach me, "Hey, Macy, right? Wanna be in our group?"

I looked up, filled with hope, though I didn't know which one of them to look at first. They were twins. "O-oh, yes! Thank you. I was worried no one would ask."