Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Noah's P.O.V

"Do you trust me?"

"Noah, this is not a fricken Disney movie!"

"Yeah yeah whatever Dakota. Quit complaining and just take my hand."

Dakota sighed. Her face was etched with reluctance and signs of annoyance but it didn't really bother me. This was going to be good. For Dakota and for me ... but mostly for Dakota. She needed to experience this, she needed to see that there was a reason to have thrills; to be happy.

"I'll be fine. It's not like I haven't been on a roller coaster before." 

Her voice gave way as she spoke. It was so obvious that she hadn't. But I didn't want to defy her, if I did she'd probably back out.

The ride shifted to a start and began to ride slowly to the top. I grinned at Dakota who only shot me a bored look. 

Once it reached it's height, it stopped for a moment of time before plummeting to the depths of the ground and moving ever so quickly that I felt my voice go hoarse as I screamed in excitement. 

Dakota was screaming also. But I don't think it was because of excitement. 

She began to grip my hand tightly, clawing my clammy palms with her talon nails. I wouldn't be surprised if my palms began to bleed. She did this throughout the whole two minute ride and wouldn't even let go once the ride had come to a halt. 

It wasn't until we were at the arcade did I tell her to let go. 

"Sorry," she had mumbled quietly. 

"It's okay, I didn't realize you would react that way." Her hair had become disheveled and quite static due to the ride. It was bothering me so I smoothed it down with the palm which wasn't covered in dried up blood. She murmured a quick thanks and then took my other palm into hers.

"Shit sorry Noah." 

"It's cool."

"No really sorry."

"No really it's cool. Now I can say that I got into a fight and that was the only damage they could do to me whilst I sent them crashing to the concrete begging for mercy." I winked at Dakota, flexing my muscles as I did so. 

"You're an idiot." She smiled slightly at me and then began to skip her way to the numerous amount of arcade games. 

I followed after, I don't think she realized how much that smile meant to me. 

I don't think she realized how much she meant to me. 

We played every arcade game twice and even then we still didn't earn enough tickets to win that dolphin. (To be honest, I didn't really want it, it had a creepy smile on it's stuffed face.) So instead I exchanged the tickets for something else, which in my opinion, was far better than a weird looking dolphin.

After I exchanged the tickets for the prize, I made my way to Dakota who was eating a hot dog minus the sausage. So basically she was just eating a bread roll with onions and ketchup. It was alright though because I got to eat the sausage.

"So what d'ya get?" 

I withheld the laugh that was spurring to escape from my lips. She had ketchup all over her mouth, the fact that she didn't even know it made me want her to suffer the day with the remains of ketchup around her face. But I'm not that mean; so I grabbed a napkin and wiped her mouth for her.

"Firstly, did you have a good day?"

She contemplated for a moment before answering me. "Well, we skipped school to go to a crappy amusement park where half the rides are shut down, and the other half are for toddlers ... with an exception to that evil ride. Not to mention, the arcade only had a couple games and prizes, one being that creepy dolphin. Oh and this crappy food!" She pointed to the bread. 

My grin began to fall from my face. I knew I shouldn't have taken her here of all places, I should've taken her to the beach or to a-

"I had a great time."

"Really?"

"Yup!"

"Okay well I guess I'll give you your prize now for sticking with me for a whole day."

"I guess you should." She laughed. And boy wasn't that laugh something beautiful ... especially her little snorts.

I'm a sucker for snorts.

I fished the prize out of my pocket and slipped it on the finger which was already holding three rings. The ring was basic; red, big and plastic. But for some reason the ring instantly made me think of Dakota and that was the sole reason why I got it. (That and the fact that the only other prize for the amount of tickets I had was a sharpener.)

She observed it for a while. Fiddling her finger and pulling it closer to her face. I would've thought she hated it if it wasn't for the wide-set grin on her face. 

"Did you know four is my lucky number?" She said quietly. 

"No, but I knew you liked rings. So do you like it?" 

"I do. Thanks Noah ... for everything."

No Dakota, thank you. I wasn't going to tell her that though.

Maybe I will eventually.

*

A/N: not proud of this so I apologize for it's crappiness. Thanks for reading!