Single

"Aqua," Xavier said and held my hand.
A warm feeling rushed through my body and I almost lost control. I loved Xavier with all my heart and now I had to let him go. I turned away to hide the tears streaming from my eyes.

"Yea," I said slowly.

"I don't know if you'll ever forgive me for what I did but......"

I interrupted his words with a long deep kiss. Fire rushed through my body, I felt like I was in heaven.

What the hell are you doing Aqua?
After what Xavier has done to you this is what you're doing.

My thoughts ringed through my mind and I pulled away.

"I'm so sorry Xavier but I can't do this," I said.

"Aqua pl..."

"No, you missed our date, then you kissed Ammie!" I shouted.
"Why would you do something like that?"
I began to feel that angry feeling inside of me but my love for Xavier was trying to block it.

"I thought we had something really special, I thought you....... loved me," I said before he could reply.

"Aqua please just let me.... "

"No Xavier! I never thought you would hurt me like this, I fainted and slept for five days because of you, you you you broke my heart!"

"I'm sorry Aqua,"

"No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I ruined your life. I'm, I'm breaking up with you,"

"Aqua you don't have to do this," Xavier said softly.

"What else do you want me to do Xavier? What else?!"

"What we have is pretty special, do you want to give that up?!"

"That's where you're wrong. What we had was pretty special until you messed it up.
I can't do this Xavier, goodbye,"

I quickly walked down the stairs, I felt tears streaming down my eyes like water from pipe.

"Aqua!" Xavier shouted from the roof.

I ran quickly down the street. Everything that just happened rushed through my head. I felt so so so angry, confused and heartbroken.

I didn't even look back at him. It was too painful.

Are you an idiot, go back and forgive him.
No, don't run back to him , he broke your heart.

All these thoughts spun around in my brain.

I was running so fast that I fell hard on my stomach. 

"Ughhh!" I groaned.

I quickly got up but then I felt a drop of rain on my hand.
I quickly wiped it off on my clothes.

Could this get any worse?

The rain poured down heavily.
I used my power to move the rain away from me while I ran.

All mermaids who came on land was given this power so they wouldn't be exposed. I ran until I reached the beach. I couldn't bother to run all the way home so I quickly dived into the sea. My legs disappeared and my tail appeared. I swam quickly to my private beach and stayed at the bottom of the ocean. I layed there and rubbed the sand.

I couldn't even concentrate clearly.

Aqua I love you.
You make me happy.
You're my everything.
Xavier I love you too.
Do you wanna go out tonight.
Hi, I'm Aqua.
Hey babe.
I'm breaking up with you.
You're a freak! I kissed a fish!
I was playing video games.

All these memories rushed through my mind.
I felt so crushed. Why the hell did I even break up with Xavier? I could have just forgive him.
No I couldn't just do that, he kissed Ammie, the girl I claimed as my sister and best friend.

I swam up to shore. The rain was still pouring. I moved the rain from around me and dried my tail. I quickly ran inside the house and up to my room.