The Stranger In Me

[Marenka's POV]

"Mommy! Mommy! Where are you going?", Charleen asked."It's okay sweety, I'm gonna run some errants and I'll be back before you know it, but you'll have to stay with the neighbours until i get back", I said to my little girl to calm her. "Okay mommy, I'll see you soon."

After I delivered Charleen at the neighbours house I got into my car and sat there for a while thinking about what I was about to do. I have to do this, I need to do this. It's the only way i can find out what is happening to me...

***fifteen minutes later***

I was standing in an alley, waiting for someone. Someone I only knew by name. Could this person help me?, I kept thinking to myself. "Hello, you must be Marenka?" I jumped and turned around, startled by the sudden noise. "Who are you?", I asked the man. Wait a minute, do I know him? He looks so damn familiar. I stared at the tall brown haired man. "I am Chris Walls. I suppose you were looking for me?" "Yes, I need your help, but first prove yourself to me. I want to know if you can really help me", I said to Chris...

***three hours later***

I got to the neighbour’s house, exhausted as hell. I could already hear Charleen running to the door expecting it to be me. She opened the door running into my open arms. I hugged her tight, happy to be with her again. "Let’s go home Charleen, you must be tired." She yawned, barely keeping her eyes open. I thanked the neighbours and we walked to our house. Suddenly I hear Charleen say with a tiny voice; "Mommy, what have you been doing all day? You look ill." "I’m fine, don’t worry pumpkin", I reassured her, "I met with someone that’s all."