Chapter 8

*A few days later*

Today I asked Bella if I can go on the nature walk that the staff take groups of every day, and she said that it was ok. I grab my heart sweater, some ripped up skinny jeans, put some sneakers on, and I'm good. I throw my hair up because I don't feel like doing anything and I don't even do my make up like I usually do (even though its a little but of make up, to me it's a lot).

The whole crowd of us breaks up into 3 smaller groups. The options were to walk around the building, the lake, or back and forth in front of the main entrance. I picked by the lake because that seems more interesting than seeing what I have been seeing for almost a week. At least I get to go home soon.

"Ok, everyone, lets start walking!" Someone calls out, and we listen. As soon as we get down to the lake area, Liam pops out in front of me. And of course, he laughs at my scream.

"You need to stop doing that!" I yell at him. "Why? It's fun! You act like there's anything else to do!"

We end up in the back of the group because I'm a slow walker. Your eyes wouldn't believe it if you saw this lake. How the cloudy, grey sky glistens off of the brownish-bluish water. How the leaves fall in just the right places beneath the tree. How everything seems peaceful, and you couldn't find a single thing wrong with it. "It's beautiful." I say, not realizing that I was speaking out loud.

"Sure is. You couldn't capture this again in a millions years, if you tried. It's just one of those places; where it seems like a new place on a new day. It's just the way you accept to see it." Liam softly says, like he was quoting someone. He then holds my hand, not making eye contact, but I take it.

Again, it's not romantic! We're

FRIENDS! Friends hold hands, right?

We strolled in silence, glaring at the breath taking view. I wish I knew more about Liam. He seems like he's hiding something, but maybe not.

Maybe I'm just nosey and curious..