Chapter 11

*1 week later*

Liam and I have been still "hanging out", or as much as we can since we're in a mental institution. We haven't brought up the kiss, like it never happened, but I'll never forget it. It's weird when and where people meet.

Like my parents for example, they met at a Chinese food place.

"We knew it was meant to be." My mom always tells me, I always want to tell her that its not a Disney movie, but she would just go off on how anything is possible. But I guess I'm not the one to talk, considering that I have always been the ugly girl, the one most likely to die alone, and much worse that I would really not like to reminisce on.

Yesterday, I asked Dr.Warren if I could go home, and he said he'll think about it. I hope I do, because Liam said he's leaving next week. Who knows, if I do, we can be friends who aren't psycho. I walk with purpose to his office and knock. "Come in." I here his voice shout, and I sit down on one of the not-so-comfy brown chairs located in front of his desk.

"So Stella, how are you, honestly?"

I start to speak, and then start to think. How do I feel?

"Okay. Definitely better, so that's a good sign, right?" I wait for a response and the doctor just nods his head. 'Don't screw this up for yourself. This may be your ticket out of here, finally'

"Well, we have scheduled for you to go home tomorrow. I'd gather my things so it will be an easy leave. Thank you, and have great day!" And with that, I skipped to my room like there was no tomorrow.

When I pack my bag, I find Liam standing in my door way.

"Leaving already? But you just got here."

"Hate to break it to ya, kid, but this isn't the best place to be. And I am not planning on coming back, at least not for years from now."

He walks up to me and look deep within my eyes. I don't want to leave him here, but I don't want to stay.

"Can I come with you?"

"I don't know. I mean, it's not up to me, it's up to the doctor.. If you want, I can come and visit!" I try to make it sound like good news, but he frowns as if its bad news.

I hug him and hope for the best, because I really feel bad for him. Not even in a sympathetic way, but in a way I feel guilt that I cannot help him, that he is going to be stranded on the island while I sail away on a boat. That he has literally no one to be there for him, thinking he has found one, and loses them again, just like the rest.

I understand him and the worst part is with him and so many others is that he won't believe me. He'll think I'm saying it to push him out of whatever he's going through but I know exactly how it feels. I'm trying to let him know that he isn't alone, nor ever will be.

"Come on"

"Where are we going?" Liam looks at me confused as I pull him through the hall.

"Home."