Chapter 13

Liam and I stay at a decent-sized white church. There were a lot of people occupying it for the night also, so I stayed right next to Liam. Neither of us got any sleep, really. The night consisted of tossing and turning, and I couldn't wait for tomorrow to come.

*1 Week Later*

I got a job at the diner that Liam and I ate at that night. It's one if the slowest places you could work at, but hey, it pays, and we get food half off. Liam is working at an auto shop across the street. This money goes to the hotel room we have been living at for a few days.We've been looking for better jobs and an apartment, but nothing has come up.

"Bye, Glenda! See you tomorrow." I wave and wait for Liam to walk "home" with me.

"So how'd your day go?" He asks me.

"Ok. What about you?" It sounds like we're an old married couple.

"Same." That was it. We didn't talk for the rest of the time.

When we arrived to the room, I plopped myself on one of the beds and just felt.. I don't know. Numb, yet all I could feel was pain?

Liam goes in the bathroom to take a shower, so I am just lying in an empty room, the only noise is the thoughts in my head. I think this will work out. Liam is a little shy, but he does talk. It's not like I'm living with nobody. He's really nice and I'm glad I'm here with him instead of the lady at the hospital who claims she is the wife of Abraham Lincoln.

An hour goes by and Liam is still in the shower. I guess he just likes long showers.. ?

Another hour goes by. Ok, maybe really long showers.

The third hour I knock on the door. The water is still running and no response. I close my eyes and open the door. I don't hear anyone say anything, so I open my eyes.

"Oh my god.. Liam.. Liam! C'mon, get up! LIAM WAKE UP THIS ISN'T FUNNY!" I shake Liam's shoulder as he is on the floor. He can't be..

dead. Can he?

I can't help but to cry and collapse onto his chest. My tears stain his shirt but I don't care. He's gone. No goodbye.

No explanation. Nothing. He just left. I look up to see a note on the counter next to an hollow orange pill bottle. I quickly grab it and read:

" Hey Stella. I bet you aren't too happy right now. I'm sorry, and this isn't your fault; it's mine. I just want you to know that I've had the best time being around you, but.. You deserve better. I'm just another fish in the sea, the one that you throw back in the water and don't keep. You are beautiful and I am taken away every time I look at you. I am leaving because this wasn't meant for me. Some guys aren't good at baseball, I'm not good at life. Don't think of this as goodbye; think of this as a break. We will see each other again at some point, but for now, do what you need to do. I didn't mean to start something and then leave, I have too many issues. Everyone has issues, but mine.. No one deserves to be stuck with them. Stella Rose Tarlowski, I love you, and I always will. Save a place in your heart for me, will ya? Go live life, meet new people, see new places. So.. That's it, I guess. For now, Stella.."

No, Liam, don't go. I need you.

I sob my way to the window to get some fresh air. I look down at how many flights there are. Why couldn't I have done something? Why would he talk to me? Why couldn't he stay just a little longer? I thought I met "him".

Rubbing my eyes, I stand on the ledge and look at the stars. "What would you do if we met up right now, at this moment, Liam? What if I just left and we could runaway together, like we planned.

Taking me to Neverland and never bringing me back." Just one jump could change everything.

I inhale deeply, raise my arms like wings, close my eyes and whisper,

"Take me to Neverland and never bring me back. Never give back the pain. I believe." And I jump.

I fly like a bird. A bird with pain from its broken wing. I see a blurred light and it comes toward me. As it gets closer, the beautiful orb becomes clearer.

"Hi Stella. Couldn't stay away?" Liam smirks. I stand up and hit him playfully.

He holds out his hand "Madam?" And I take it.

I take his hand to Neverland, Wonderland, Heaven, and everything inbetween.

This is my new life.

This is my destiny.