Chapter 11 (2/2): A New Adrien

.

.

"Marinette liking him? Pfft!" Adrien sneered, scrunching a piece of paper that has now been violently scrumbled up. It wasn't like Adrien himself to get so worked up about something, and he would never throw out his anger unto some fragile object, otherwise his father would teach him a lesson about being a well-mannered teenager. Adrien ran his fingers through his hair, frustrated.

"Maybe it beca-"

"Shut up Plagg," Adrien snapped, gritting his teeth. Adrien clenched his fists, crumbling the paper even more. With pure rage, he threw the srunched paper into a bin as it cleanly went it. Adrien lip's tugged a bit, a tad satisfied with his throw. The blonde leaned against a wall and held a glass of tea, sipping the liquid slowly with delight.

"That paper is actually a love letter from your fan and that tea isn't yours..."

"Plagg, plagg, plagg," Adrien paused, amused. "I don't care, and I'm not in a mood right now," his emerald green eyes shot daggers at Plagg, who was reversing his steps, creating a bigger gap between the stiffened kwami and the jealous teenager, amazed by Adrien's sudden change of personality. "Nathanael. He'll pay," Adrien flashed a look of amusement, his eyes lifeless as though it were dead. His smiled formed into a sinister smile. Hatred was boiling deep in the blonde's gut, reminiscing the scenes of his beloved and Nathanael. "Oh he'll pay," he repeated once again, the tone of his voice was, somehow, murderous. Plagg was merely an accessory to play now, like a toy to oblige with his master's every command. Adrien's eyes shoned so bright, with an intention nobody would ever imagine.

Plagg managed to mutter, "A-Adrien? Stop, it's creeping me out."

A genuine smile crept unto Adrien's face. "I'm not doing anything."

Adrien turned in back and walked away. The aura he used the emit wasn't the same anymore, the presence of him leaving the room was more than relieving, and Plagg sighed out his breath he'd been unconciously holding in.

Jealousy can do so much.

Adrien has changed; he isn't the same person his used comrade know anymore.

Adrien walked into the classroom, greeted with famaliar faces as the atmosphere was light and enjoyable. It seemed like Adrien was back to his normal self, despite his genuine smile, he wasn't. Nino greeted him, greeted with a formal wave from Adrien. He settled in his seat, drowning into a conversion Alya has started between the three. Adrien wasn't fascinated by the topic by a tiny bit, in fact, he was just tagging along, his mind wandering off to the wonders of his thoughs about Marinette, then always ending up with Nathanael. His stomacb churned with an unsettling feeling; every thought the young teenager would think about, it will always end up with the thoughts of the redhead. It seemed like Nathanael was everywhere Adrien went, lingering in the smallest, unexpected places, as well as big open places. Adrien was really pissed with this; ever since yesterday. In fact, his hatred for Nathanael lasted for a bit, ever since he started developing feelings for the certain girl, but it has been more distinctive and obvious this time, and Adrien show his hatred to Nathanael with ease and with pleasure, but not straightfowardly, no~

He would do it in a more sneaky way that would satisfy Adrien.

And that moment as Adrien though about Marinette, she appeared in the front door of the classroom. Adrien's eyes widened his shock as he spotted a certain redhead keeping her company, and Marinette felt rather mortified to having to face to him once again. Their eyes were locked into each other, the atmosphere started to feel denser. Discomfort started to form between the two.

Adrien scoffed, breaking the eye contact as he whipped his head to 'listen' to the conversation he has been pretending to join. Marinette raised her eyebrow in confusion, but shrugged it off. The redhead kept her company, and it felt like heaven to Marinette; she didn't have to walk in class alone and to have to endure the awkwardness Adrien and Marinette had formed in their relationship just recently. Nathanael motioned her to continue walking as he smiled to her, giving Marinette comfort.

"S-sorry Nathanael! I just- I dont know, I kind of stopped for no particular reason."

"That's alright," he said humbly, comforting Marinette by encouragingly putting his hand behind her back so she could keep up the pace Nathanael was walking in. Whenever the two wouldn't notice, Adrien would look at them once in a while, his nose scrunching in disgust.

"I'll be stealing her back in no time," he muttered under his breath.

"Sorry didnt catch ya there bro, what did you say?"

"Naw, its s'kay Nino. Keep going," Adrien smiled. Alya shrugged and continued to scroll down her phone, showing the two the boys pictures of Ladybug. Adrien rolled his eyes. 'Ladybug? I'm over her,' he scoffed in his mind. His attention are fully fixed on Marinette.