Chapter 13

The bluenette has been trying to strike up a conversation with the blonde for the whole day, and all she got was the cold shoulder. Marinette was never the one who played with one's feelings, and this was unintentional. She loved Adrien, she really did. Everyone does, but her reason was more than "because he's handsome." But a certain hero has caught her attention, and seemed like he framed her heart on a wall that was meant for him to love.

She knew very well that Chat Noir loves Ladybug and not Marinette, so she decides to confess as Ladybug, which won't be a problem now that she loves him back. At least that's what she thought. Marinette is ready to tell Adrien that she's moving on, and that she wants them to stay as good friends as if everything was normal.

But Adrien wasn't coping with the situation. If he loves Marinette, shouldn't he spend time with her? But that's probably the last thing he wants to do right now. All he could do as a reply was to jerk his head, scoff and turn around to deliberately ignore her. This really ticked Marinette off, and she called quits. Adrien felt guilty, but he didn't want to 'surrender' this love war, seeing how competitive he could be. Even though he's at fault, he can't help it.

"Marinette do you wann-"

"I want to go home," she spoke harshly, a visible frown was present on her lips.

"Marinette...." Alya's voice soften, a tone that seemed as if she was pleading. Marinette soften her expression and sighed, while Alya observed her intently.

"Sorry, it's just-"

"It's Adrien, isn't it?"

Marinette fell silent and bit her lip. Alya pursed her lips and nodded understandingly as Marinette stared at her feet, an emotion of shame washing over her. Marinette doesn't irrationally rant at people, or go all out and blame someone innocent. Marinette was immature to do that, and especially to her best friend.

"Just... tell me what's wrong, if you're ready. I'm your best friend for a reason, yeah?" Alya puts her hands on her knees, to get a better look of Marinette from below. Alya titled her head in order to get a better view, an apathetic smile appeared on her facial structure. This automatically made Marinette relieved. Eventually she smiled, and Alya was pleased with this. She wrapped her arms around Marinette and patted her head. Marinette was engulfed with Alya's warm presence and she felt as if all the burden has been liften off her shoulders.

Marinette hastily made her away to the school's entrance, only to be greeted by a specific someone who was waiting for a limo. Marinette scoffed at the sight and kept on walking. Adrien made the same expression and looked away. But no matter how hard he tries, his eyes are always glued to Marinette, whose figure was dissapearing as she walked through the city of Paris. Puzzled by his reasoning for hurting her hurt, he was awfully confused with himself, and same goes for you. He didn't understand why.

He didn't understand why he was acting out of character so much it even made Marinette stopped talking to the model. Adrien breathed out an agitated sigh and ruffled his golden locks. He didn't know he could cause such displeasure throughout his life and Marinette's, and the only one to blame was Adrien himself.

ADRIEN'S POV

I can't understand.

Has the world always been cruel to me?

Why does hope dissapear as soon as it appears?

What kind of world do we live in? Humanity has always been so cruel, and noticing it now... I can see why.

Lovers could always be torn apart. Love itself can be divided by jealous and hatred. And when these things enter a relationship, it's game over. A real love story to happen with a perfect happy ending seemed so surreal, and yet, people are lucky enough to end with one. The feeling itself makes me question myself. Some people are just lucky, as if they're living in their own fairytale world where happiness is always there. But, in my world, there's always that one-sided love.

Ladybug. She was the first one to capture my heart. She is something worth fighting for. She is something you can call a 'pulchritudinous,' a beauty, inside and out. The way she inspires herself, and the light of hope that has always shone within her blue bell eyes gave me life. It was something I admired, and I gurantee that she is the one who will make me happy for the rest of my life. The more I spent time with her, to more she became attached in my heart. I developed feelings for her, but it wasn't enough for her.

Tell me Ladybug, is it really hard to see that you make it so hard on me?

I was far too used with this one-sided love. You kept pushing me away, but please. Couldn't you stop me from loving you before you get too attached in my life? Deep inside, I know she doesn't like me, but was I really to blame that this happened?

But, give me one more glance as you walk away, before you walk away from my life, forever. Please don't smile like everything's going to be okay. Because it's not, and just as you've become someone special in my life, leaving you would leave a scar in my heart. And it's trying to recover right now.

I know I've been cruel in my selfish ways. I've always wanted you to myself. But I soon realize that, we're just not meant to be. I'm looking like a fool at the end. So I've decided, I've moved on.

Marinette.

That is who I fell in love with now.

But I messed it up. I can't risk to lose another one. I can't have my heart shattered again. Because this time, I really feel she's the one for me. But again, is this just another one-sided love?

Footsteps were coming near so I looked to see who it was. I was taken back. It was her.

She wore a look of annoyance in her face, and I didn't blame her. I really am a pain. I looked away as well, but once it a while, I would steal a glance of her and see her figure walking past me as it disappeared as she kept going further.

I bit my lip anxiously.

I was planning out how to make an apology to her.

A limo from afar came closing in at the school's entrance, and I knew that was my cue to leave. I padded to the limo and went in, thinking of a plan. And that's when I decided to go out as Chat to get my mind off things.