one

It was a frigid winter morning. The cold air nipped at y/n's pale cheeks as she was walking to school for her first day after transferring. She hated moving, but always had to because of her fathers job. She wished he could just find a job that suits the whole family. But sadly, that's not how life works. Breaking from her thoughts she soon realized she was outside the school. Taking a deep breath for reassurance, she walk through the large doors.

       It was lunch and y/n came to the realization that she had no one to sit with. She had no friends at her last school due to the fact that she moved in the middle of the year. She sighs and heads straight for a corner avoid eye contact as much as possible. She was about to reach her spot until a boy with bright magenta eyes stopped her in her tracks. "Hey, I'm Hazuki Nagisa, but you can call me Nagisa." He cheerily stated. "Would you like to come sit with my friends and I?" he politely questioned. "I'm l/n f/n, but you can call me y/n. Oh, and sure." She responds shyly.

       He swiftly grabs her arm and drags her over to a group of guys, which she assumes are his friends. "This is y/n!" He overly enthusiasticly shouts. She waves shyly and duck my head. She doesn't know why anyone would talk to her. She doesn't like the way she looks so she has avoided mirrors since she was 11. When she was young she got made fun of because of her appearance. So she doesn't understand why anyone would want to even look at her.

       She sits down next to Nagisa and quietly eats her food. Sighing, she faces away from them to face the window. "Hey y/n, look at this." She turns around to find him making a silly face. She sends him a quick smile but looks back down again. "You should smile more, you look cute when you smile." His comment made her blush and look away. He grabbed her face and made her turn back. They share eye contact before y/n looks down and whispers, "Stop looking at me, I'm ugly." This made Nagisa mad. He stood up, "that is nonsense! You are the most beautiful girl I ever met!" The entirety of the lunch room turned to face him. She looked up at him and started to tear up. He is the only person who has ever called her beautiful. She gets up and rushes to the girls bathroom. She looks at herself in the mirror, staring at herself for a good 30 seconds before storming out the door and towards the main office. "He's such a liar," she thought.

I hope you enjoyed the first part! So this series is split into six books each one about you and a character from free! (different phobias for each). This chapter is a bit short but I wanted to get the first chapter out. 😄