Mircles

*** DALLY'S POV***

It's been a good half hour sitting in the car. There wasn't much conversation. A couple other police cars came and asked for some information. They were on the third house, but this one caught my eye. For some reason it seemed so suspicious.

"We haven't found anything yet so far, but we shouldn't be to much longer" An officer said coming to the window.

"Hey, can you guys split up, that house right there got me thinkin'" I said pointing to the house.

"I'll see what we can do" She smiled. She mustn't know me.

"Why that house?" Soda asked.

"Just got a feelin' that's the one" I shrugged. "Its the house the truck is parked closest to"

"That's true" Darry said. "Are you prepared just incase?"

"I don't know man. I'm praying both of them are okay" I sighed. I can't imagine losing one, or even both. Nothing will ever be the same, I'll just turn out to be a drunk like my dad.

It was silent, and the yelling of an officer frightened me. Three of us turned around and about five officers were just walking inside the house I told them to go to, with their guns up. My heart started to race a little bit. I was so scared to see if she was coming out of their dead or alive. An officer walked by the car.

"We need an ambulance" He said into his speaker. He turned to me. "We found him, but they haven't seen her yet, they'll search the house when they are finished with him"

"Thanks" I said.

"Wow, this is crazy" Soda said.

A couple officers were dragging my father out of the house, he was fighting to get away. But two of them together slammed him onto the ground and cuffed him up. Deserves him right. They picked up him and started walking toward our car. We jumped out so they could put him in. He smirked as he walked past. I hope that doesn't mean she's hurt to badly, or dead.

We stood patiently next to Darry's truck, chatting a little with the rest. I never took my eyes off the house once. The ambulance arrived a couple minutes ago and has a stretcher ready next to the steps. Someone already went in with a scoop stretcher.

"I think she may be just fine" Darry said placing his hand on my shoulder again.

A couple minutes later the paramedics and officers were rushing out the door with Hannah on the scoop stretcher. They put her up on the stretcher and started pushing her to the ambulance. I took off running to the stretcher.

She looked terrible. Bruises everywhere, she was bleeding from her head and arms. I was so angry right now.

"Is she alright?" I asked.

"She's breathing that's all we know" One paramedic replied.

They put her in the back of the ambulance and I ran back to the truck.

"Follow"I said and jumped in the back of the truck with Soda and Darry. Two-bit turned the truck around and caught up with the ambulance.

***

"You may see her now" The doctor said. We all jumped up and followed the doctor to her room. "We'll be taking her in a little while, you don't have much time"

"Thanks" Darry said.

I opened the door and ran to her side. Soda ran to the other. She was asleep, or still passed out. Her face looked terrible, bruises covered it. I looked at her stomach and prayed my baby was still in there. I lifted her shirt and small bruises were all around. My jaw clenched, I can't believe my father would actually do something like this.