•1. Oh Brother

My name is Katie, and I live with my older brother Brian. He was 18 and I was 3 when my parents died in a terrible car crash. Young though he was, Brian raised me all by himself.

He was always a good big brother. He helped me with my homework, and always wanted to make sure I was happy.

He would hug me when I needed comfort, and dried my tears when I cried.

I love him, but sometimes..not so much.
My brother then became a doctor. Which happens to be one of my biggest fears. He was always fascinated with doctors, while I always feared them.

I sat on the couch with the TV on, while he was making food for us to eat. It's summertime, so no school!!! Talk about the hot sun, and warm weather!

"What's up?", asked Brian sitting next to me.

I sighed.

"Oh just thinking", I said.

"About what?", he asked.

"Just about you..and how you're doctor, even when I'm afraid", I said.

"Speaking of which..Katie, you should really come to the clinic. You haven't had a checkup in a really long time. I care about you..so I want to make sure you are happy and healthy ", he said.

I could feel my heart drop. I shook my head. "No can do bro", I said.

"Why not?", he asked.

"Because I'm scared!", I yelled getting annoyed.

"There is no need to be scared Katie, you are 14 now!", he said.

"No Brian. I'm going to bed.", I said getting up.

"You're going to bed at 7pm? Haha OK", said my brother sarcastically.

I frowned.

"Leave me alone!", I screamed.

"Jesus calm yourself!", said Brian holding his hands up in surrender.

I folded my arms angrily.

"Are you on our period or something?", he asked firmly.

Oh. My. God.

Every single time I get annoyed with him, that's what he asks.

"Ughh no Brian! God!", I said stomping out.

Talk about annoying. He doesn't understand that I really am scared, it's not some stupid thing I'm saying to get out of going to the doctor. I'm genuinely scared. Terrified, actually. Not something I can explain.

I crawled into bed. I had a headache and my throat hurt. My nose was stuffy.

I better not be getting sick.

And even if I am, I am not telling Brian. He will go into doctor mode, which makes me both angry and scared. I hate him going into doctor mode...

I closed my eyes and drifted into sleep.