Twelve

Eva

"Wake up." A deep, quiet voice called. I felt to hands shake me a little and I joked awake. Sitting up. Instead of being in my dungeon, I was in a bedroom. In a comfy bed.

"Finally." The same voice speaks and I turn to my right to see Alexander sitting on the bed I'm in. I jump and move away from him, but stop when my hand slips and I fall backwards. Before I hit the ground, a hand grabs me and pulls me back.

"Where am I? And why am I in a bed?" I ask, ripping my arm away from him. He sighs and rubs his cheek.

"Well, I convinced my dad to let me take you out of there. Like I said Eva, I'm not an evil person. You're here for a reason, other than being affiliated with Niccolo." He explains and turns, so he's facing me.

"And what exactly would that reason be?" I ask and he smiles, honestly. It's a shame he's some evil mafia man, because he's really quite attractive. Nice hazel eyes, full lips, a nicely shaped face. I thought criminals were supposed to be ugly.

"That's not for you to worry about. Now, on to other matters. How are you feeling?
I know that you were beat up pretty bad. You didn't even move when I carried you up here." He chuckles and I stare at him, bewildered that he's trying to have a normal conversation with me.

"I'm sore. Very very sore. And stop trying to act like this is normal. You kidnap me, beat me, then decide to put me in a random bed? Wha-"

"Ah, not a random bed. My bed." He corrects and my eyes go wide.

"That's even worse! I slept with you?!" I scream and he smiles, nodding his head.

"Yeah, you're quite the cuddler. But, I actually slept in a different room once everyone else was asleep. I didn't want anyone messing with you." He explains and I feel blush creep up onto my cheeks. Oh god. Oh god I cuddled my kidnapper.

"Why would you wait? Why do you even care so much?" I snap and he sighs, leaning against the headboard.

"Because Eva. How many times do I have to tell you? I'm not so evil, I just do as my father says. And right now, I'm the only thing saving you from being put into sex trafficking. Or being used as a play thing for my men." He explains, yet again. I sigh, and lean against the headboard as well.

"I thought you weren't the boss?" I question and he shrugs.

"Well, I am. But not officially. It's still my father until I marry." He answers and I nod my head.

"Oh, and how come you're not married yet?" I ask and he grabs my hand. It just so happens to me my left one, too.

"Well, when this finger is ready for a ring. I will be." He answers and I snatch my hand from him, sitting up straight.

"What?!" I scream and he puts his hand over my mouth. I try prying it off, but his grip is too tight.

"Eva, calm down. It's not my idea. Just listen." He tries to calm me down. I huff and puff and finally nod my head. He pulls his hand away and I wipe my face, like there's some type of invisible germ.

"My father figured you'd be the best bet for me, one. You can't say no or you'll die. This is really the only way he'll let you live. Two, you're already aware of the mafia works and apparently had handled it very well since you slept with the boss of an Italian mafia family. So, I agreed. You're beautiful, smart. Hell of a character. I know it's not what you want. And after we marry and my father leaves everything to me, and I'm officially the boss. You can leave. I don't need you." He explains everything and I feel like my heart is stopping.

"So, I'm technically not a hostage? This is now turned into an arranged marriage? With someone whom I already despise? Great! That's just fucking great!" I shout and he puts his hand back on my mouth.