Four

^Niccolo's outfit, except dark grey
Eva Cipriano

"Reservations for Moretti." Niccolo says in a flat tone. The hostess looks down the list and then back up at us with a smile.

"Oh of course Mr. and Mrs. Moretti, right this way." She says and I cringe and her thinking I'm his wife. I roll my eyes and now Niccolo's hand moves to the small of my back. He places it there gently, and his warm hand sends tingles through my body.

Ugh I need to get laid.

"Here you go, would you like to start off with some drinks?" She asks as she places down the menus. Niccolo pulls my chair out for me and I smile, sitting down as he pushes it back in slightly.

"Just two glasses of your best red wine." Niccolo answers and sits across from me. The inside of the restaurant is lovely and elegant in a subtle way. There are lots of tables for two, and some bigger tables for groups of about five or six. No booths. The floor is a dark mahogany wood, and the ceilings and walls are a light beige color that compliment the floors.

"Alright, I'll have your waitress bring those straight to you." She smiles and walks back to her podium at the front. I let out a content sigh and look at Niccolo to find his eyes already on me.

"Have you ever been here before?" He asks and keeps his eyes on mine, unmoving.

"Uh, no. No I haven't." I answer quietly and look down at the table. I pick up the menu as my eyes graze over all the options.

"Hmmm, it's very nice. The food is good and so is the service." He adds and I can see him out of my peripheral, completely still.

"Mm, that's nice." I mumble and mindlessly look at all the food choices I have.

"I'm sorry, am I boring you?" He asks, a little bit of irritation lacing his words. I set my menu down and look at him with wide eyes.

"What? No, god no. Why would you think that?" I laugh a little and maintain eye contact with him. I watch as his tongue flicks over his lips before he answers me.

"No reason, you just seem distant and uninterested." He answers and looks away. I almost bust laughing, but I keep it to a giggle.

"No, I'm sorry if I gave off that impression. I was just almost entranced by all the options of food I have." I explain and he cracks a tiny smile and looks at his menu.

"Oh, yeah. They do have good food. I always get something different. Right now I'm on the shrimp Alfredo." He tells me and I scan the menu, finishing the shrimp Alfredo about 5 dishes away from the end.

"I think I-"

"Good evening, I'm Marissa and I'll be your server tonight." A short brunette introduces as she places the glasses of wine in front of us. I look at the glass, thirsty.

"Good evening Marissa." I greet and smile up at her. She has kind eyes and a sweet smile, she's very inviting.

"Would you two like to start off with some appetizers? Or have you decided on dinner already?" She asks and pulls out a little notepad from her apron. I look at Niccolo, feeling lost since I have no clue what I want.