8. Discoveries

Hermione could not believe it still. She woke up this morning feeling unusually sated and horny at the same time. She had many dreams of being pleasured to great heights and in many different ways. Once she was deep in a jungle, another time was on a beach, in another dream, she was on a boat drifting under the stars. She saw many such dreams that night, but the man who gave her pleasure remained the same. Malfoy.

It took a few moments for her foggy mind to register the events of the day before. She groaned and put her head in her hands in shame. She could not believe how wanton she had acted with Malfoy!
She wished she could vanish from the face of the planet.

What had she done!

She could never face him again! She knew he had kissed her first, but she was the one who had egged him on. But no matter how hard she tried, she could not forget how good he had made her feel. Her toes tingled every time she thought of how his fingers had plunged into her and brought her to ecstasy. She could still feel the ghost of his kisses all over her skin.

But the truth was that no matter what, she possibly could not face him. No way in hell. So she did the only possible thing she could think of.
Find a way to avoid him and keep away from him or else her treacherous thoughts might make her do something she would regret later.

Draco had spent the night at the Manor in his childhood bedroom. Blaise had left sometime around ten at night after endlessly teasing Draco about the bushy haired brunette.

As he woke up, he could only think of Granger's face scrunched up in sheer pleasure. Pleasure that he was giving her. He was willing to do it every day if he knew he would be able to see her moan his name with such rapture. He smirked at the memory but then the realisation that she might never want to even see his face washed all over him.

He sat up amidst the silk sheets as he heard incessant tapping on the window. Draco was in no mood to ever leave his bed, but he knew he eventually would have to get back to his research and face Hermione. 

He groaned as he left his toasty bed and was met with the chilly air. The tapping was grating on his nerves. He pushed aside the heavy drapes in one swift movement and was met with a rather plain looking brown owl. 'Who would owl me at this ungodly hour?' thought Malfoy as he opened the door to let the bird in.

He untied the letter and fed the bird a treat. Once the owl was gone, he shut down the window, put a shirt on his naked torso and sat at his writing desk.
The moment he opened the letter, he saw the slanted cursive script and knew who had written the letter, almost immediately. He had been reading the very handwriting off his parchment of notes since a few days now.

She had written to him saying that it was all a huge mistake and that she cannot work with him any further. He was sure of that. She must have even placed a replacement request with the Ministry. He dreadfully opened the letter and almost did not want to read it, but one had to man up at times.

Malfoy,

I have realised that since only one person can go through the journal at a time, you could try and check if it has anything of relevance to us. Also, if you have the time, you can look over the last remaining books in your library.

I thought it would be the best if we visited the scene of crime soon. It would not be safe for both of us to go together as in the event of some mishap, both of us would be endangered and all the research would also be in peril. Harry agrees and thus he and Terry would accompany me to investigate the Marshlands. Might you remember Terry Boot from our Hogwarts days? He was in Ravenclaw.