23. Weasley Weekly Luncheons

Sunday rolled in quickly and Hermione was reminded of the countless meals that they had all had the Burrow. Those meals had somehow given them a strength during the war, the fact that they were all there for each other, no matter what.

Over time, the Weasely family had seen many changes in the seating arrangements. There were chairs added to the table for Harry and Hermione, for Fleur, a spare one remained for Fred, years after the war, but was later joined by another when George married Angelina. It felt right for them to transfigure Fred's chair into a baby chair for little Fred.

Victoire had her own chair as did Teddy who were now growing up very fast.

The Weasley family was ever growing and Hermione knew that even though she didn't join the family as was expected of her, by marrying Ron, she was always still very much a part of them. Molly wrote to her almost every week, checking up on her mid-week and sending some baked treats for Hermione and some knitted caps and socks for S.P.E.W. She was the Mum Hermione needed in the Wizarding World. And no one could deny Arthur's role in not only hers but even Harry's life. 

Harry had Sirius and Remus, but for a very brief period in his life and they were irreplaceable, but so was the eldest Weasley. It was the warmth that he and Molly had that made their family as loving as they were. Even in the face of Puritan blood ideologies, he had bravely taken up being a 'blood traitor' rather than being a horrible human being. They had lost family in both the wars and yet, remained such a strong family, just because they had love. Love was so powerful, it was half the reason why Voldemort could be defeated because he was incapable of love. Love was what let Lily Potter save Harry. And love was what pulled another mother from the Dark Lord's tangles and let her save her son- Narcissa and Draco.

She put on a strappy aqua blue button down dress. The heat was getting to their nerves and one could not just cast enough cooling charms to get rid of it. She looked at herself in the mirror and for some reason decided to try and tame her mane a little so with a flick of her wand, she had her hair looking brand new in a more polished style. She never had any urge to doll up for the lunches, but in the back of her mind, she knew the Malfoys were coming and she wanted to look nice for that. She did not want their approval or anything, but it wouldn't hurt to not look like a vagabond next to the impeccably dresses mother and son duo. Neville had also decided to join them, so had Luna, so it would almost be like a party today. 

As she arrived outside the Burrow, she made her way inside and was greeted by Fleur and Bill, who were sharing a rather delicate moment of love. It made Hermione's heart ache for similar affection and tenderness.

She and Ron had had their moments, but their relationship was driven more by the fact that people had expected it of them and childhood crushes played a bigger role than any substantial feelings of love and passion

She and Ron had had their moments, but their relationship was driven more by the fact that people had expected it of them and childhood crushes played a bigger role than any substantial feelings of love and passion. Thankfully they both had realised it before things turned and ugly for them. 
They had grown apart a little as friends, as was expected after a break-up, but what proved to be the biggest divide between them was the Auror assignments he took up after Fred's death were the ones that had him travelling to far away places. He wanted to escape for a bit, but soon got tired of that life and had recently joined George at Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. It felt great for George to have a brother helping him again. Ron had been back for a year now and was beginning to settle back into his life here.