Chapter 2

Carter woke up early before their alarm. He glanced over, and saw the two were still fast asleep. Bobby was now on his back and Bridget was completely on top of him, head tucked under his chin.

Carter's eyes widened when he saw how dangerously low the sheets had crept. Yep, definitely no clothes.

As giddy as he was about this new development, Carter knew he had to tread carefully where Bridget was concerned. She might just die on the spot if she woke up to the realization that they had been caught.

No, he would confront Bobby first. He would handle it better.

Carter straightened his bed as quietly as he could, and crept out the room. He walked downstairs for two coffees, before camping out at the end of their hall, waiting for movement from their door.

Carter didn’t have to wait long. He ducked around the corner when he heard a door click open. He heard very faint whispers. He risked a peek and saw Bridget grinning as she walked towards her own room.

Carter rounded the corner. He bit back a smile at the way Bridget's face immediately paled.

“Morning, Bridge.”

“H-hey. What up?”

“Oh, just grabbing some coffee.”

Bridget paused and shifted nervously. “So...did you have a good night’s sleep?” she stuttered. She was fishing.

“Not really.” Carter watched Bridget's face grow even paler than before. Just because he was treading carefully, didn’t mean he couldn’t have a little fun with this.

“I fell asleep in Brad and John’s room watching a movie. There’s no way to make a floor comfortable.”

Bridget noticeably loosened at the words, and she broke into an easy grin. “I bet.”

“What are you doing up and about so early?”

Bridget fidgeted, gathering her words. She nodded at the coffees in Carter’s hands. “Oh, ya know. Couldn’t sleep, I was gonna get coffee too.”

“Is Bobby up?”

“What?” she squeaked, trying – and failing miserably – to hide her alarm. “Bobby. Ummm. Bobby? I don’t know? He’s in your room?”

“Oh. I just figured maybe you guys had talked already. He usually texts you when he’s up, doesn’t he? So you can walk down to breakfast?”

“Oh! Yeah. Yeah, he does, he’s probably still asleep.”

Carter smirked. “Alright well, see ya at breakfast?”

“Definitely.” Bridget turned quickly towards her room.

“Uh, Bridget?”

She froze.

“I thought you were getting coffee?”

Bridget wheeled back around towards the elevator, eyes trained on the floor. “Right. Later.”

* * * * * *

Carter walked in and studied his roommate, who was obviously pretending to be asleep. He shook him roughly. “Get up, lazy ass. I got you coffee.”

Bobby groaned and buried deeper into the covers.

“Nope! Up!”

“Go away, bro.”

Carter slowly sipped his coffee, but almost dropped the cup when it burned his tongue.

“When did Bridget tell you she was into midfielders?” he asked in between blowing on the drink.

Bobby stiffened. He was silent for a few beats. “Bridget? What? I don’t...she’s not...”