Chapter 3 - Departure

Aiden sat patiently in his seat awaiting the plane's departure, Jack continued to sleep next to him, seemingly undisturbed by all the commotion in the cabin. Aiden then noticed the man that was keeping everybody late finally enter the plane, he nervously apologized to every flight attendant that passed him as he sat down on the other side of the cabin.

"Some day so far, eh?" The elderly man asked. Aiden jumped, it was rare complete strangers would talk to him. He glanced at the old man, to see if he was just talking to himself. Aiden was wrong, the man glanced at him with his blue eyes that reflected decades of knowledge and memories.

"Uuhm, how so?" Aiden asked quietly. Looking down at his feet to avoid eye contact.

"Y'know, wake up at four or five in the morning, rush yer' self to the airport only to be delayed by one guy. It's just typical." The old man complained to Aiden, finishing off with a sigh.

"Where are your parent's, son?" The man then asked.

"They're not here, I'm with my class for a trip." Aiden responded quietly.

"Oh, that's very nice. I hope you have a splendid time." The man said with a smile as the intercom came to life throughout the plane. Aiden could tell his older brother was completely passed out, as he even slept through this!

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Flight 5035 on Singapore Airlines, we are happy to have you aboard! We will be departing shortly, please fasten your seatbelts as we display the safety instructions video." A flight attendant announced into the intercom in a monotone, almost robotic voice. Aiden glanced over towards the man that had the flight delayed. He sat there bouncing his legs up and down as he sweated pinballs down his forehead.

The old man jumped as the plane lurched into motion. Sure enough, the safety video began playing. Aiden had seen it a thousand times, he had practically memorised all the procedures in case of an emergency. Besides, if Jack was right about one thing, it would be that nothing would go wrong during this flight. He had been on many flights during his life, and not a single thing has gone wrong during said flights.

As the video played along , Aiden glanced outside the window he sat next to. He could just see the early morning sun began to rise, giving the sky a blazing red colour. A few fluffy clouds contrasted with the sky with their deep blue colour. Aiden then noticed two more deep blue figures, running across the runway. Aiden curiously spectated the event and watched one of the figures tackle the other with brutal, almost inhumane force. They wrestled for a bit before one of the figures stood up and began running towards the plane, while the other figure was left lying on the runway, their body spazzing out.

Aiden tried to focus on the two figures, trying to figure out what was going on between the two of them. Abruptly, the plane reeled into motion as it increased speed dramatically as it prepared to take off. The two figures soon disappeared from view as the plane at last lifted off the ground.

___________________

Sorry, short chapter this time Boiz and Grillz

It's midnight and I need my sleep