Chapter 6 - Quarantine

Aiden squirmed in the lavatory with the three other people sheltered with him. He had learned all their names. There was a student in Jack's year with them, his name is Mike. He was african with short black hair, and thin brown eyes. He was relatively tall, tallest of the four people trapped in the lavatory. There was a Thai university student named Sanit. She was short, she had a round face with thin green eyes with thin black-rimmed glasses over them and a little nose with a smooth tip. The second woman was in a business suit and in her mid thirties, with grey hair sprouting in her other wise smooth brown hair. Her name was Victoria, she had a cylindric shaped head and a chiseled nose between her sharp green eyes. Despite half the people in the room being half her age, she was the most terrified person it seemed.

"Oh god, oh god oh god.." She muttered to herself repeatedly every now and then as time passed. Perhaps she was claustrophobic?

Aiden had everything explained to by Mike and Sanit. He couldn't help but cry, sure his brother had become infected. Sure, he could be an asshole, but not even he deserved to be a zombie., nobody did. He was soothed by Sanit but by then Mike had stopped talking, he probably began thinking about his own friends he had lost.

"Are we the only people left?" Aiden asked as he wiped his tears away.

"No, I'm sure others are alive. Maybe even your brother too, just don't cry." Sanit said with a reassuring smile. Aiden appreciated Sanit's attempts to soothe him. However, the moans and growls of the dormant infected as they seemed to wander through the cabins was not helping him stay calm.

As time passed, the four people trapped inside the lavatory took turns taking a seat on the toilet. Just standing was more tiring than they thought and soon their legs would begin to ache.

"I never thought a flight would take this long. I remember them being shorter." Sanit moaned as she bent her legs one at a time while standing, her knees making harsh crackling sounds. She was trying to perhaps start a conversation, maybe something that would pass the time.

"I think this flight is a bit different." Mike said in response. He hadn't talked much since they got trapped in here. It was his turn to sit on the toilet at the moment and he did so with his head buried in his hands. After he spoke a hand pressed banged against the door, causing a loud "THUD" that made everybody jump and hold their breath. 

The infected right behind the door growled before banging on the door again. The growl was so inhuman that nobody could guess the gender of what was once a person that was mere centimeters from them. The infected than gave up and moving on, continuing it's prowl for uninfected people.

Silence dominated the lavatory again as nobody dared speak again one of the hundred or so other infected would get attracted again.

...

"Oh my god, I've abandoned my brother."

Jack also sat on the floor of the second cabin with his head in his hands. There wasn't enough seats for everybody, resulting in around fifty people being forced to sit on the floor. For the first time in probably years, he was worried about Aiden. He just went to use the bathroom before this, right? It wasn't his fault at all!

Who was he kidding? It was all his fault, everything was his fault. Aiden joined the MUN because of him,  if he wasn't even part of this trip, he would be safe in school in singapore right now, without a worry in the world.

Just then he remembered about his parents. Oh god, not his parents. If an infected individual managed to get onto the plane, there had to be more of them in Singapore! Who knows whats going on right now? Maybe Singapore was completely overrun by now!