Chapter 16 - Yuki's Grand Plan

A few hours had passed while the infected roamed in the cabins once more. Mike couldn't believe it, he was right back where he started, in the same bathroom as he was locked in before a few hours ago.

Yuki's grand plan was stalled with Daryl's wound, one of the zombies had grabbed him and cut his ankle pretty badly, being locked in a lavatory removed some options, so Yuki had to settle with rubbing hand sanitizer into the wound and then wrapping the wound in toilet paper. However, there was one problem. The last time Mike was in here, Aiden and Sanit had used such objects to create distractions, leaving them with no way to treat Daryl, besides 1 roll of toilet paper, which Yuki used some of it to wrap around the ankle, to at least stop the bleeding.

"I-It's my fault.. I should just go find more-" Mike started, staring down into the floor before Daryl snapped back.

"It's not worth the risk." He snapped. "If we just get to the other side, I'll get help there."

"He's right." Yuki interrupted. "We just need to find a way to contact the Pilot so he can open the door to let all the cargo out." Yuki's grand plan was at a standstill. There was nothing to contact the cockpit with. All of it seemed hopeless, He had heard the pilot announce over the intercom an hour ago, saying they were heading to Copenhagen airport where they would be safe. That was a six hour flight, Daryl couldn't wait six hours or more to be treated!

Mike assumed it was still safe in the other side, considering the pilot bothered making the announcement in the first place. He began brainstorming, how could they get out of this mess?

He cautiously opened the bathroom door, the infected had broken from their tangled mess and now wandered the halls again, He scanned the cabins, it had grown dim the only source of light being from the little lights that illuminated the floor. The seat closest to him, he saw the remote on the back of the seats. Channel buttons, volume button, attendant call button, arrow buttons-

Thats it!

"Guys!" Mike hissed as he closed the door. "We can use a flight attendant call button." Yuki and Daryl glanced at Mike for a few moments before Yuki's face lit up.

"How could I be so dumb?" He asked himself, laughing briefly. "There are phones in between each cabin to contact the flight deck in case of emergency. How could I forget?!" He asked, his teeth gritting and tears welling up.

"So many lives lost, because I forgot." He whimpered.

"No time to hate yourself now." Mike said, patting Yuki on the shoulders. "You can still save Daryl and me."

Yuki wiped up his tears.. "Y-your right, but what will the others say? I could have gotten everyone out of this hours ago, those people, too scared to run when they blocked up the fort again. They could still be alive." He stated, more tears sliding down his cheeks, before breaking down into sobs.

"I-I failed my duties!" He cried out, quickly silencing himself as a zombie banged against the door, reminding him to stay quiet.

"That wasn't your fault!" Mike hissed, once the banging ceased, Daryl just sitting there, unsure what to do, he was just happy he was still alive after all this, being stuck in zombie territory this whole time.

"It's their fault for abandoning us in the first place. You've done the best you could in this..... deadly scenario. They never trained you for this anyway, what could they expect?!" Mike explained to Yuki, patting his shoulder again.

"You're the only one who knows where the phone is, go save us!" Mike said with a smile, as Yuki nodded.

"I will" he said triumphantly as he reached for the door handle.