Chapter 1

Austin, Texas…..

                 Abigail is still holding her test result from her Doctors office when she heard a car engine stops in their driveway. She stood up and motioned on the window to peak who is outside. ‘Ben is home.’ Her heart skipped in a beat when she saw her husband in a full Navy Uniform with grocery bags on his hands. She quickly grab the envelop and hide the letter underneathe her pile of undergarments drawer.

“I’m Home!” he yelled once he got in the door. They’ve been married for five years and yet Ben never ceased to shower her affection and love.

He gave her a sweetest smile when she came out from their Masters Bedroom. Reaching for her wife’s embrace, Ben wrap his arms around her and gave her a torrid kiss.

“How are you doing?” He asked after the mind blowing kiss they just shared.

“I’m doing good. I just came home from my other Doctor’s appointment. They still couldn’t figure it out what’s wrong with me.” She bit her lower lip.

          Abigail is so fragile. Even before they met she constantly have series of check ups and Doctor’s appointment until they finally gave up. Months had past and Abigail’s health became increasingly frail. He took off from work to take care of his wife. Then on a gloomy afternoon of mid September he found all of her test results on her underwear drawer when he put away some clean ones. He got upset when he confronted his wife.

“I don’t want to hurt you that’s why I did it.” She confessed while sobbing.

“I’m your husband. I should know all this! Hiding from me doesn’t help you feel better.” He knelt down infront of her. “We should face this together. It’s also my fight!” tears came running down his face. Abigail put her hands on his face and just caress it dearly. He had no choice but to forgive his loving wife and move on.

“Honey, if I’m gone… you can marry right away.” She said in a hoarse voice.

He took her hand and rub it more on his face. “Don’t say that. You know you’re the only one I love. Planning for another relationship is not on my agenda today. I want to grow old with you, have kids with you eventually.” He said.

“But Ben, I may not live longer. My body is getting frail everyday…” he wiped her tears away.

           One day the Doctor’s office called and delivered the bad news… his wife had an Ovarian Cancer and only have 3 weeks left to live. He felt like all of his hopes and dreams with the girl he truly love shattered like a shards of glass. Everytime he visits Abigail in the hospital he will stop by at the Chapel. Asking God to spare his wife’s life. He believe in God even though he doesn’t go to Church more often. Growing up with a Gram that is devoted to Christ made him a believer. He participated Children’s Church Ministry every Sunday and he never missed. Gram Linda is so faithful to God but his mother, on the other hand, is very hesistant with Church and everything that involves God. In other words she’s an agnostic. Gram Linda said that since his Father, who is a filipino, left his mom.. Mary Allen started drinking. Then she died when he was fifteen. Three years later Gram Linda died because of old age. And that’s when he decided to join the Navy Seals.

Pentagon…..

                    Sa loob ng isang malaking kuwarto ay may labing limang US Officials sa iba’t-ibang sektor. Lahat ng atensyon ng mga ito ay nakatutok sa iisang larawan na nasa harpan. Ang nag-iisang Drug Cartel na nakapasok ng Pilinas na si Pablo Ruiz. Ang bali-balita ay matinik itong magtago at pati ang pinakasulok at yungib na kagubatan ay pinagtataguan nito.