Chapter Four: The Dyke Joke

The noise at the cafeteria was eating at Peter's ears.

All he wanted was to eat his lunch in peace. He really wanted to go back to that secret spot of Em's. He liked to think of that as their first hug. Maybe that was obsessive. He didn't care.

All except Si were at their table. Like everywhere, there were named tables in the cafeteria. The 'jock' table, the 'cheerleader' table, the 'nerd' table etc. But Sienna, being the queen bee, had a special table (which wasn't named anything, but people called it the 'gang' table. 'Gang' as in best friends). This was the table where they had been sitting at since last year.

Emma was silent, still fuming. What had Ford done to get her this worked up? Was that guy sane? Wait, did he just think that? Of course Ford wasn't sane. He was a control freak, and according to Em, he was possibly a male chauvinist. Wow, this was playing like some murder mystery.

So anyway, Em was silent and eating her lasagna like there was no tomorrow. He wanted to cheer her up, but he had no idea how. He was pretty sure if he tried, she'd snap at him. Even if he had just hugged her.

"Any idea where Si might be?" Ali asked Luke.

"Nope. No idea at all."

"What kind of a boyfriend are you then?"

"Hey, I've JUST begun dating her!"

"Yeah, but you were her friend before that!"

"That doesn't mean-"

"O my god, u guys, shut up!" Em almost yelled. Ali looked surprised, and even Lincoln looked up. Em clearly was not having a good day. Those days were rare, and everyone knew not to mess with her then.

Just then he saw Si walking through the cafeteria doors. Or rather, brisk walking. How she even walked in those heels, he would never understand. The girl was practically running. And she had an expression of such anger that Peter almost wanted to hide in his chair. It looked like Luke did too. He remembered the encounter he had with her in the Secret Spot. Good thing with girls though, when they tried to chew you apart without any reason, you could blame it on PMS. He had plenty of experience with it, seeing as how vicious Adeline would be during 'those' days.

Sienna sat down and viciously stabbed her noodles (which Luke had been very sweet to bring for her. He wondered if he had to do all this, if and when Em would be his.). Everyone on the table was waiting with bated breath (except Em, who too was lost in her fuming). Then suddenly, Si screamed.

"O my god, she is SO annoying! The bitch has taken this too far! I'm going to rip her hair out!"

"Babe? What happened?" Luke asked. He had courage.

"I mean, I can't believe Davies would actually let slip that HE dumped ME! And that asshole has ALREADY begun dating the skank. And he TOLD her! I can't believe it!"

"Si, really, calm down and-"

"Don't you tell me to calm down! You know what that bitch said? She was all, 'Aw, poor Sienna Scott got dumped!' and all bullshit. She made Drama hell for me! Argh!!!" She ranted. Then she ate another fork full of noodles. That's when Ali stepped in. She looked at Em, who was still sullenly eating her lasagna, and then looked at Si.

"Si, can I like, talk to you for a second?"

"About what? I'm not in a mood."

"Trust me, this will get you in mood." They stepped out of the table a minute. Sienna's eyes widened, and then she smiled. Uh-oh. That smile clearly screamed mischief. Whoever got the brunt of that mischief was a dead person. Socially.