Chapter Eight: Secret Surprise

Emma felt strangely calm and happy.

She stared at her ceiling. She had been lolling in her bed for over an hour now. Something about last night made her feel hopeful. 

When Peter had come, she had been shocked, and even more when he pulled her into a hug. It had felt good. It had felt like...like something only two best friends could do. And then his statement that she deserved someone better- it almost sounded like he was asking her out in a cryptic way.

Did he love her? She had wanted to kiss him so badly yesterday, and she thought he was about to, too. Then they were interrupted.

Ugh, why did her mom have to ask how she was? She knew her mom meant well, but really, there was a time to show concern.

Suddenly a loud ding shook her out of her stupor.

She grabbed her phone and saw that there was a new message from Sienna. Sienna had changed her profile picture, and it was now a picture of her with Luke. They looked beautiful. Emma immediately began dreaming of a picture like that, of her and Peter. Then she shook herself again and checked out the message.

PEOPLE THIS IS IMP!!! DO NOT IGNORE!! I want you guys at the BINGE today at 11!!! I have something awesome to tell you guys! <3 Eeee!!! Muah, see u :*

Emma rolled her eyes, but she decided to get ready anyway. It was 10. People tended to listen to Si. If you didn't, you could consider yourself dead meat.

She got out of bed and brushed. Then she decided what to wear and went for a bath.

She came out wearing a bright yellow top and pink shorts with tiny flower prints. She decided to wear her owl earrings (a birthday gift from her brother; the most decent one from him yet), and clipped her hair from one side. Then she decided to tie it up in a ponytail.

She got out of her room and went downstairs, where she met her mom.

"Oh! Good morning, Emma. That's...where are you going?"

"Yeah, you look cool. Hey, are those the earrings I gave you?" Lance said from the Lounge.

"Woah. What's Lance doing up so early?" Emma asked in disbelief.

Her mom and grinned and her brother winked, but they didn't answer.

"Fine. In answer to your question, Mom. Si called us to the Binge. Emergency or something. And you know no one ignores her."

"Of course I do. And, um...are you ok now?"

"Yes, Mom, I'm fine. Peter cheered me up."

"Hmm, I wonder..." Then her Mom went back to the kitchen. Emma went outside and unlocked her bike. She cycled all the way to the Binge.

She locked the bike and walked. The Binge was a sort of outside cafe with a small shop that made the food and drinks. Then she saw something that had her heart going a 1000 miles a second.

Peter was sitting already at one of those huge, group tables. He was checking something on his phone. He looked damn cute, with his hair messed up like it always was. Emma decided to surprise him.

She walked at a normal pace. He didn't notice her. Then she came up behind him and ran her hand through his hair and messed it even more.

"Hey, cutie pie."

"Woah! Where did you-you look happy!"

"Is that a crime?"

"Um, no. Say...what's up?"

"Nothing much. Today's a beautiful day, isn't it?"

Peter raised his eyebrows and then looked at her from head till toe. Earlier, she would have blushed, but now, she locked eyes with him. His beautiful green eyes were enough to melt her heart.