rainy

"Huh? You're not picking Takeru up with me?" Her brother tilted his head.

She sheepishly scratched her cheek. "I gotta go make a project with a classmate of mine. Say hi to Takeru for me, Tooru!"

With that, she ran off while gripping on the umbrella she held so she wouldn't have it flying away from her.

When she was about a few blocks away, she looked back and saw her brother leaving. She sighed in relief. She wouldn't want to know how her brother will react when he realizes what she was doing.

She actually felt guilty too for keeping this a secret but she wanted to let things stay as the way they are.

"OIIIIII! I've been waiting for you!"

She looked up and saw a familiar boy wearing a smile on his face. 

But why does it look different now? Nah, it must be my imagination.

The two of them made an agreement before to walk down a certain road together while talking about what happened to their daily lives.

"And then what happened?" He chuckled.

The girl giggled in response. "He got ketchup all over his face"

The two of them howled in laughter as the boy tried to insert his comment, "Man, it looks like I need to do a lot of ketching up"

She laughed in response before brushing a tear off her face and stared through her transparent umbrella to gaze at the dark sky.

"What are you doing here?"

She snapped out of her gaze and saw his brother Oikawa and their nephew, Takeru sharing an umbrella who were standing meters away in front of her. She forgot that they were going to pass the intersection and see each other.

She looked beside her.

"Why isn't Hinata there?" She thought then reality hit her, dropping the umbrella was a sign of the revelation that dawned on her

"Idiot! Mom and the doctor said you're not supposed to cross this road again!" Oikawa handed the umbrella to Takeru before he rushed towards his sister and took off his blazer. He hurriedly draped it over her shoulders before picking up the umbrella she dropped. 

"S-sorry Tooru. Habits..." She simply answered.

"Geez" Oikawa facepalmed before wrapped an arm around her shoulder as they walked together with his other hand holding the umbrella. "You're so hardheaded"

She forced a giggle and said, "Where do you think did I learn that?"

Oikawa pouted since he understood the message. He wanted to snap a remark but Takeru urged them to stop talking and start walking.

There were still raindrops on her face as she glanced back at the road she walked with Hinata. 

It seems like that's where it ended, where we end.

It's been weeks ever since Hinata got into an accident there. She felt as if the bright world she shared with him turned dim.

Why wasn't it dark yet? 

It's because there were still memories him, remnants of the time they spent together.

"Are you crying?" Takeru asked as he and Oikawa turned their heads to look at her.

She wiped both teardrops and raindrops on her face with the sleeve of the blazer Oikawa owned.

"It was just the rain Takeru. I dropped my umbrella a while ago didn't I?" She said to the child.

Takeru may have looked unconvinced but he dismissed the thought as he caught sight of his house and jogged towards it. He was going to prepare some hot cocoa with marshmallows for the three of them.

"It feels more gloomy, doesn't it?" Tooru asked as he hugged his little sister closer to him without removing his gaze on the house. "You know... with the sun gone"

Hearing the 's' word broke the dam that held her tears. It wasn't the actual sun that he was talking about.

He was talking about the person his sister loved a lot.

Hinata Shoyo.

. . .

Ah... It feels great killing Hinata. Correction: IT ALWAYS FEELS GREAT TO KILL HIM +U+ HUEHUEHUE...

Random: I'm playing this game called Zgirls and named myself Oikawa Tooru. I regret my decision because I wanted to be called Enoshima Junko. xD