mirror

She slumped herself on the chair and switched her computer on. She came home after doing a school project. She was supposed to upload pictures and send them to a group chat her classmate made.

click! click! click! Soon enough, all the photos were sent to the group chat. Her classmates started compiling them to start the project. As she was about to delete the photos to free some space, she noticed something that remained in all of them.

Everything was bright—not only the sun but so were the faces of her classmates. She heaved a sigh and deleted them all, sending each and every one of them to the Recycle Bin.

Having nothing else to do, she shut her computer down. She decided to go get a nap. As she walked towards her bed, she glimpsed at the mirror.

Like there was some unknown force, she closed her distance from the mirror and soon enough, she rested her palm on top of its surface.

A smile ghosted over her lips. "At least you don't lie, buddy"

The camera could only show what one has chosen

The camera could only show what one has chosen. Usually when in front of the camera, one smiles for it but some of them were forced. It captures time but the whole story could never be shown through it.

But this object she touched mirrored reality(pun). In its own way, the mirror said that it wasn't picky, it was going to show everything that you have to show.

For the camera, you might have been crying before you decided to dry the tears and patch yourself up before smiling for it. But the mirror sees what happens before and after that smile appeared.

. . .

I didn't understand what I just typed xD

By the way, the inspiration for the camera idea came from my beloved student and apprentice- "ald"