10

-Sam! Are you coming or will I have to drag your ass here?!-Danny joked. I ran to him and sat behind him.

I was in heaven. Bikers by my side, the roar of the engines together sounding like a pack of lions growling floating in the air, the wind dancing in my face and through my hair, the acknowledge of power, protection and brotherhood, all in just one quick ride back to the bar.

When we got there, John signaled me to follow him into his office and I did. Claire followed me with her threatening eyes all the way. I closed the door behind me. John sat down and put his feet over his paper filled desk.

-Well, Sam...-He opened his arms with a big smile-Welcome to The Valley Rebels MC!-He laughed

-Thanks, I guess-I giggled nervously. I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

-Well, technically, you're not yet one of us...-He got up and walked around slowly, like he was still trying to find the right words-You see, nowadays everybody wants to be in a motorcycle club! I think its the new trend! Or whatever you kiddos call it.-He pierced me with his eyes.-But my club ain't a playground. If I welcomed everybody there would be no club by now... Because one man's mistake can kill dozens of us! For that, many will never be sitting in your place.-It was getting claustrophobic to be looked at that way. He then made a moment of silence and kept walking around.-You see, unless its bloodline, everybody here has a purpose. Everyone here adds something to the club, keeping us strong, united, respected!-He made another pause, lighting up a big cigar. He then sat down again and looked at me like I was an enigma. After a few seconds, he eased up and smiled softly.-I have no idea why you are where you are, to be honest... I guess its about your camel genes.

-Camel genes?

-Yup.-He took another sip of his cigar-It can only be camel genes...-I looked at him confused. He giggled.-You have pretty big balls for a lady... Can only be camel genes.-I couldn't help it but laugh my ass off. He laughed too at first but then tightened up the mood.-Its not all fun and games, Samantha. We are more than an outlaws' club.-He got up again.-We are The Valley Rebels. The name is pretty self explanatory but I'll break it down for you. Almost 60 years ago, my father and James' father started this club. They were just 2 kids fighting against injustice but soon it was more than that. It was a whole community counting on them for protection and safety. That's where the name came from. We are the rebels because we do not wait for permission. We don't lean on the justice's system. We do what we gotta do to keep our valley clean from scumbags! About 20 years ago, Danny's father, James, became the lider of the rebels however his life just didn't have much more to offer and for 15 years I've been in charge of this club. I'm not growing younger and unfortunately I wasn't given the gift of having a child of my own. Therefore, Danny is the next in line. When i die, it will be up to him to take care of the club.-He sat down once again and stared right through my soul-That's also one of the reasons why you're here. He saw something in you and I do believe in him, which means I inevitably believe in you too.-Those words put a whole universe on my shoulders. I took a deep breath.-Danny will take care of your internship however you shall never forget who we are and what we mean. We are The Valley Rebels. We carry more than just a badge in our backs. We carry the whole city on our shoulders and no matter what we will keep our people pure and our streets clean.