Chapter 5: Lucas

Lucas' POV:

I could feel a feathery light touch on my bare torso pulling me out of my self-induced sleep; I cracked my eyes open with almighty strength only to meet Diana's doe eyes staring into mine, I couldn't stop the smile that lit my face as I was greeted with Diana's smiling face first thing in the morning. She was gorgeous in every sense. 

"Good morning." She murmured, reaching upwards to peck my lips - something I quickly reciprocated.

"Good morning, baby." I greeted back slowly running my fingers through her soft tousled locks which got dishevelled during her sleep.

Diana's lips stretched into a slight pout as she gazed at me, I pulled my body upwards so I was settled in a propped up position pulling Diana with me, "What's wrong?" I whispered lightly, flicking her nose, causing a slight giggle to escape past her lips.

"I don't want you to leave." She murmured pouting as her slender arms wrapped around me yet again; just then I remember what today was.

I was travelling today, heading to New York to surprise Audrey. 

I couldn't deny that I lost a part of my self-restrain when Audrey told me she couldn't be home during Spring break because she has a group project to work on with her partners out of the state. I couldn't help it but I lashed out. 

I knew it wasn't her fault, it was out of her control but a part of me despised the fact that I haven't seen Audrey in months, my hackles are more shaken as I mentally go over her downward mood every now and then as well as her reticence. Audrey was becoming more distant in our calls lately - I was no longer able to distinguish her feelings and thoughts something utterly foreign for me, Audrey was like an open book to me but lately I started feeling as if a spell was cast on that book, shunning me for even getting remotely closer let alone touch and skim through it. 

I needed to see for myself that she was as she claims, fine. However, a part of my inner subconscious kept gnawing at me, and as much as I despised having to think in such a pessimistic way - I knew deep down that Audrey was the absolute contradiction to her words. 

A part of me kept telling me how she was avoiding me - what for or why would remain mysteries to my overdriven brain, I keep trying to come up with theories and conspiracies but it all ends up in vain because to my misfortune we're miles apart. 

I was distraught and confused, I couldn't encumber my frustration any longer, so I emancipated all the restless thoughts and vexation on her defenceless self, something that made me even more perplexed was how aphonic she was. Audrey always had to share a piece of her mind with whoever dared to even think of chastising her however she kept silent as I yelled for hours on end without uttering a single word of retaliation. 

"I'm sorry, baby, but I have to go." I whispered caressing Diana's smooth milky skin. She just nodded in silence then hugged me tighter. 

I couldn't wrap my mind around how close we got over such a short span of time. We were inseparable; either going out on dates or even just staying in to study along side one another at either of our dorms. 

She was the perfect puzzle piece to complete me - always encouraging me to keep striving harder to reach my goal - our goal.  

She was caring, loving, soft, tender, smart and funny. My arms wounded tighter around her as I felt a slight tinge in my heart at the thought of being away from her for some time - I grew accustomed to having her always glued to my side. 

"Let's go have breakfast before we leave, yeah?" I offered softly, my fingers still having a mind of their own accord as they kept caressing her soothingly - however a part of me was struggling to imprint the feel of her silky skin under my fingertips.