Chapter 9: Audrey

Audrey's POV: 

I felt a feathery light touch skimming over my shoulder as I awoke from my self induced slumber. 

I blinked fervently against the blinding sunlight seeping through the drawn curtains only to come face to face with Lucas' content looking face. 

He had a light smile brushing the corners of his lips as his remained held lightly shut with his head leaning on the headboard. 

My heart palpitated. 

"Hey." I whispered, voice so low as to not startle his relaxed aura. 

Lucas' movements halted as he cracked his eyes open, "Morning Auds." He rasped back; reminding me of the more masculine ting his voice took up. 

Its been two days since my episode of excruciating pain, I knew the moment the pains hit, I needed to forgive Lucas. I needed him by my side now that I can have him there, I was not willing to waste precious time on petty fights. 

I had to suck it up and be tough.

"What do you want to do today?" Lucas asked sitting up, then wrapping his strong calloused hand against my waist to hitch me up into a replicating position. 

The moment I felt his hands against my exposed flesh due to my slightly hitched top a foreign sensation zinged through me. The heat emancipating from his hands against my cool skin made tingles resurface. My breath faltered as I looked into Lucas' hooded eyes, however, he immediately looked away as if I had burnt him with my stare, drawing his hands to himself the moment he propped me up. 

Thoughts ran through my head at an incompetent speed, what the fuck was that? 

Lucas cleared his throat, "How about we go out today?" 

My breath faltered for the second time in the span of five minutes. No. 

I avoided eye contact with mighty power, I haven't faced the outside world since the accident, since my abandonment; I couldn't. I used to only go out for physical therapy, howbeit, now the doctors tend to my care at the mansion. 

"Lucas, I can't." 

I felt Lucas' fingers pinch my chin, forcing me to lock gazes with him. His fiery eyes blew up a storm as they peered into my fright infused ones. 

"Audrey, did you not go out since the accident?" Lucas' tone threw me off guard; it was tough, forceful, impending. 

My lips were pried to reply but the words hung on the tip of my tongue unable to roll off.

"Audrey, answer me." Lucas pressed on his grip tightening for a fraction of a second, I gasped.

"Yes."

Lucas' hold vanished, his eyes squeezed shut as he ran a calloused hand roughly over his stubbled face.

I sat still gawking his reaction; he shot up, pacing. "Fuck Audrey! Do you not see what you're doing? You're letting that damned paralysis control your life! You're letting it cripple not just your legs but your soul! What are you doing, Auds." His voice fell into a drawl as his words neared their descend.

I felt tears brimming my eyes as his words hit home, "Lucas it's not easy! What did you expect me to do? Go out and hang out with friends?" I scoffed, "What friends? The only friend I ever had is you, Lucas! All those sick manipulative assholes that hung out with me in school abandoned me the moment shit hit hard! What was I supposed to do? Call you! Rush you over because my ass got screwed over because of my mess up? Let you abandon the dream you had to pull me out of the midst of darkness like you always do because one way or another I always have to fuck up."