Chapter 2

I've just been planted into this life and death situation in order to prove myself as a true agent, I have to find the Ryu base, shut off the main power source without getting caught, and somehow return to the Fiji Secret Razi Base alive. How much better can this day get? I'm only fourteen, turning fifteen in two days, and this is the "Happy Birthday" surprise I get? Harsh.

As the sun was setting behind the mountains, I had walked about ten miles, according to my walk-o-meter and my legs were tired. I had passed a deserted village of empty huts, and a waterfall that flowed down into a beautiful cerulean pool in a dazzling light. The humidity and heat was getting to me and I rolled up my sleeves to my elbows, and wiped my brow more times than I could count. My stomach grumbled loudly and I sat down to rest.

I fumbled through my backpack, pulling out a Tupperware and opening it, along with a silver water bottle. Inside of the Tupperware held a medium sized chicken wing, the kind you would get from KFC, and a small roll that barely fit in the small compartment. Not bad, considering the fact that they were cruel enough to put three fourteen/fifteen year olds out in the middle of nowhere and having them go over to enemy territory.

'They probably want us to have a decent meal before we die in the hands of the enemy. Wow, that's so thoughtful of them.' I thought sarcastically, but ate the chicken gratefully, took a bite of the roll and put it back in the Tupperware and stuffed it back in the backpack.

I would need to save some of the food for later, knowing that the next time I would eat would be rare. I opened the water bottle, took a nice long drink, and then stuffed it back into my backpack.

I found a large tree with thick branches, took out the sleeping bag from my backpack, took off my belt, and climbed up. I snuggled into my sleeping bag and tied the belt around the branch and the sleeping bag securely and gazed up at the stars twinkling in the sky.

'Am I going to live to even become an Agent, or a normal citizen?' I wondered; staring at the twinkling stars as if they held all the answers. Crickets chirped around me, and a slight breeze blew through my hair. I closed my eyes and let sleep take over.

"What should we do with the girl?" an eerie voice asked quietly.

"I say we should burn the tree with her in it! Nobody would know!" another said excitedly.

"No, then we have to go back to the Boss and he'll ask us how we got her backpack, and you know that none of us can get away with a lie. No, it's not a good idea."

The other voices sighed and murmured in agreement.

"Let's just take her hostage and bring her to the boss."

My eyes flew open to the pale sunrise in the sky.

I looked over slowly to where the voices were coming from and slowly took a peek at the owners of the intimidating voices. Standing in the small clearing below the tree were three men in shorts, flip flops and Hawaiian button up shirts, making them look like tourists.

One of the men had dark sunglasses that hung low on his nose, showing his deep blue eyes. His arms and legs were a rich brown from the sun, and he had a black dragon tattoo up his left arm. His hair was a dark brown, and it swooped up from his head, resembling the look of Justin Bieber and he ran a hand through it every minute. His hands were in his back pockets and he looked relaxed and chill.

Another man was standing next to him with a hat with a large brim facing backwards, with a capitalized 'R' on it, and had the same dragon tattoo as the other man, but his was curling around his neck. He had pale grey eyes, a large scowl on his face, causing his thin scar lines to darken, and his short sandy blonde hair was cut close to his head. His body was bulky and muscular, which almost made him look like The Hulk (besides the fact that he wasn't green).