Chapter 4

A twig snapped behind us, breaking us from our trance. We both spun around faster than you could blink and looked at the direction where the noise came from. A figure was hiding behind a tree and Bella and I both tensed and prepared to fight our strange pursuer.

'They're not very good at hiding...' I thought. 'But that might be their disguise...'

"Who are you?" Bella asked loudly and defiantly.

The figure just shifted uncomfortably.

"Hey, are you listening to me? Who are you? And why have you come here?"

Silence.

"Urgh, ANSWER ME!!!"  Bella screamed furiously.

I looked nervously over at Bella who was steaming with frustration.

"Um, Bella this isn't the right approach to this unknown stranger." I said calmly.

She inhaled and loosened up. "I know. You're right. You're right." She said nodding.

'Good it's working. Just keep talking to her and calm her down.' I thought.

"We need to plan out-" I started, but was cut off by Bella's war cry as she rushed over to the tree, sprinting at full speed.

"Bella wait!" I cried but it was too late.

She wound up her fist and punched the pursuer with all of her might and the figure fell.

"Listen to-" but she paused.

"Hey it's a fake! What kind of dirty prank is this?" she demanded furiously looking into the trees and storming around.

Suddenly, hands covered my mouth and a knife was placed under my chin, the blade cold and intimidating. I tried squirming out of my pursuer's grasp, but the hands held me tightly, and the knife got pushed nearer to my throat, the blade barley grazing my throat.

"Don't move or make a sound if you value your life, Razi." A dark, cold voice whispered into my ear. I froze. My eyes were wide with fear and the person behind me chuckled menacingly.

"That's a good girl. Now come with me quietly and your friend won't get hurt... Too much." I grimaced and looked fearfully at Bella's figure that was still trying to find the person who had played the prank on her.

"Sammy I can't find-" she started, but stopped abruptly as soon as she saw me. I gave her an anxious look and her eyes got wide with fear.

"Oh my heck Sammy!" she cried and she took a step towards me and my pursuer.

I shook my head vigorously and she stopped in mid-step and looked at me quizzically.

"But... You... Her... Why?" she asked looking fearfully at the knife at my throat.

"Go!! RUN!!!!" I screamed underneath the hands that were still clamped tightly over my mouth and I bit my pursuer's hand hard, until I tasted blood and she screamed in agony and released me. I took that time to escape, but got one swipe with her knife to my face before I bolted away. I shrieked in pain but kept running with Bella at my side.

"Sammy you're hurt!"

"It's nothing... Just keep going." I said gritting my teeth.

Blood started running down my neck; the cut above my jaw was deep and done with a clean swipe. Suddenly a knife came whizzing out of nowhere, barely missing our faces by three inches and lodging itself in a nearby tree. We both shrieked but kept running at full speed. A gun shot sounded through the trees and reverberated off the nearby mountains.