Chapter 7

Gone? I looked around the chair, under it, and in my backpack. It was gone. I stood up quickly. Where could it have gone? Then it struck me. Mr. Bush must've stolen it.

I cursed him under my breath. The flight attendant looked at me.

"Excuse me miss, have you lost something?" she asked sweetly.

I shook my head, swung my backpack over my back and bolted off the plane.

He couldn't have gone far without his baggage. I looked for the baggage claim sign that said A7 and sprinted down the hall while dodging more than two dozen people who were walking down to catch their flights.

Suddenly, I spotted him bending over the conveyer belt and picking up a black suitcase and pulling up the handle to pull it behind him. I rushed over to go talk to him, but he saw me coming and picked up his pace.

Evidently he had stolen my instruction manual from the way he was trying to get away from me. I started sprinting as fast as I could out of the sliding doors but I was too late.

I managed to catch a glimpse of him riding away in a taxi cab and my heart sank. I had lost my instructions on the first day and I had no idea where I was going or what I should do. I was completely lost in the Salt Lake airport.

I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned and found myself face to face with an airport worker. He was really old and wore a navy blue uniform

"'Scuse me miss?" he said in a heavy Texas accent.

He held out his hand, a stack of papers stapled together clenched in his fingers. I stared hard at them, and then suddenly realized that it was my instruction manual. My eyes bore into the paper while he talked.

"...Flight attendant says she reckons it was some passenger near the front o' the plane. Told me she reckons it's you miss. This here, is it yours?" he asked flipping through the pages with Bone's and Horus's writing in it.

I snatched it eagerly, graciously thanked him for finding it and then sprinted off towards the conveyor belt to find my suitcase.

"Well, I'll be." The man said scratching his head.

I looked at my instruction manual, gripping it tightly as to not lose it again.

"Step 2. Find your luggage and meet a black limo outside. Step 3. The driver will then take you to the Salt Lake Razi Base and drop you off at the main entrance." I pulled my suitcase behind me and walked out the doors.

Sure enough, there was a black limo parked in front of the loading section and a man in black sunglasses was standing protectively in front of it with his hands behind his back.

I walked up to him slowly, his expression hard and stern.

"Um, is this the limo to the Salt Lake Razi Base?" I asked nervously.

He gave a curt nod, pressed a button on his sunglasses and stared at me for a second.

"Hello Sammy, I am Agent Limo and I'll be your chauffer to the Razi Agency." He said in a low voice, then, he opened the door and I got in. He closed the door with a sharp snap, got in, and the car lurched forward and we were off. The sky was blue with a few patches of white fluffy clouds, and the sun was slowly sinking. I looked at my manual again, and a pen written note was scrawled at the bottom of the page.

I needed to write this in your instruction manual,

Because it wouldn't be safe to talk with you on the plane.