Prologue

[Mack]
"Bye, love you too, bro!" I say, hanging up the phone.

That was my brother, my best friend. You don't know me so I probably should introduce myself.

I'm Mack Gage, I am a girl, even though it doesn't sound like that. I'm 16, 5'8" and in my second last year of high school. I just moved to a small town that I didn't even know existed, until I came through it. I have chestnut brown hair with a turquoise streak in and dull grey eyes. What else? It feels like I forgot something, but who cares? I'll say something when I remember.

My brother is a few years older than I am. He is 21 and his name is Dylan. He is a professional swimmer, already made Olympics, he designs games in his free time and is a business man. Busy guy, but he wouldn't have been able to do that without my help. I'm not taking credit, it's just I helped him to start his business and get it to be successful. I'm not mean, but my brother is sometimes an idiot so I appointed an old friend (Dylan doesn't know) to help out and keep me updated.

I just finished unpacking the last box in my new house. I bought a normal one story house at the edge of the woods. I love nature, the smell, the sound and the calming feel of it, just everything about it. I had a shower and then called Dylan to hear how he was doing.

I'm starting school tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it. I am always the badass and I don't talk to people so everyone at my last school thought I was mute. People don't mess with me. If they see me in the hallways, they move, quickly.

I was dressed in a black sports bra and black shorts. I was doing some work when I decided I should go train. My house has a big room I made my gym. The whole house has dark, mahogany hardwood floors and white walls with windows everywhere. The curtains by all the windows are black and block out the sun completely.

My kitchen has wooden cabinets and black granite counter tops, with stainless steel appliances. There is an island, separating the kitchen and the living room, with 6 barstools. 3 on each side and a bowl of fruits in the middle.

The living room has 2 big dark brown sofas that feel almost like a type of velvet or something, pushed to make a 'L' shape, but with space to get through. There's a glass coffee table in the middle and a big flat screen TV mounted on the wall. Underneath there's a dark mahogany cabinet with my gaming consoles and DVD player on. In the top drawer is my games and the lower drawer has my movies.

There's a guest bedroom and a bathroom next to it. That bedroom has white duvets and pillows with a mahogany desk and closet. Nothing special.

My office has a big dark mahogany desk (every wood in my house is basically mahogany) in the middle with a computer, keyboard and mouse in a corner of the desk and my papers neatly organized and two armchairs sit in front of it. The window behind the desk is a floor to ceiling window but have curtains in front. There's also a few bookcases full of books or other memorabilia and junk.

After training, I walk into my room. I painted the walls dark grey, the bed coverings are black and the curtains are drawn shut. There's a mahogany desk pushed against the one wall and a window above it and on its right is my floor to ceiling windows, showing the forest. When you sit at the desk, the door to the left is my walk-in closet and the door next to it, is my bathroom.

My bed is against the opposite wall of the desk. If you face it from the desk, the floor to ceiling windows are on your left. The four posters of the bed is a very dark brown wood, almost black.

My laptop, stands open on my desk and everything is neat.

I go take another shower, blasting fall out boy songs through my speakers. After a shower, I get dressed and ready for bed. Turning the music down so it's just barely heard, I get in bed and fall into a deep slumber. It's already almost midnight anyways.