-15-

[Liam]
**a month later**
I can't believe she beat me up, in front of my pack, and rejected me! My wolf is mad, at me and himself.

I promised myself that I would get her back, no matter what I had to do.

Just then my phone started ringing. I picked up and answered formally, "Liam speaking."

"Liam, it's Dylan. Have you heard anything about my sister?"

"No, where is she? She left with some guy about a month ago and I want her back. I don't care how, all I know is I'm going to get her. Will you help me? I'll do anything."

He thought for a moment before saying, "I'll help, but... I want her to suffer. She killed my parents and brother." he sounded so evil. But I wouldn't argue.

"Fine, yes, I agree. She needs to be punished for what she did."

We talked some more and he was going to come in a few days so we could devise a plan.

I will get you back little mate.

[Mack]
It's been a month since I've come back from savings Dylan. I get horrible nightmares each night. Rai has been so kind and caring towards me and I... I love him.

I admit for the first time to myself that I love him. I'm almost done with school for this year. So almost completely done with school.

I've made a few friends here, and Damon and I have gotten very close. He is an amazing guy, not better than Rai though.

Just then, my phone lit up, indicating that I have a notification. I picked it up and read the message from the unknown number.

My little mate
Why did you leave me? I loved you! Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that I have something, or should I say, someone very dear to you.

If you want to save your brother's life, come back to me. Reject the person that marked you and come back. I won't harm your brother. You've got 2 days.

Love, Liam

No, no, no! Why can't I ever keep my family safe? I'm a pathetic excuse of a daughter, sister and mate. I love Rai, but, Dylan... Even though he hates me, he is still my only family.

I walked to the closet. If I leave now, I have a few hours of a head start. Rai is out, doing pack work. I quickly packed a small bag with a few snacks and waters in and then went to our room.

I took a paper and pen, writing down,

To my love, Rai

I am sorry to leave you but I have to, to save my brother. I haven't told you yet, but I love you with all of my heart, soul, body and spirit. Please don't come for me, I don't want you getting hurt.

I love you.

Love Mack

I was physically in pain again. If I cried, I would most definitely have been bawling my eyes out.

Why do all the bad stuff happen to me? Why, as soon as I start being happy, something ruins it all?

Why me? If this was to be my life, why was I even born? Why?

I jumped out the window, not wanting to risk running into anyone that would contact Rai.

I ran to the woods and shifted, the bag still on my back. I ran as fast as I could. I have a great sense of direction so I know where to head.

After about an hour, I heard a very loud, pain-filled, angry howl. Rai must've gone home early or a pack member reported me missing, either way, a search party is coming my way. My scent is luckily hidden, and I'm very far ahead. Even if I wasn't, they wouldn't be able to catch me.