Chapter Five. This May Be One Complicated Year.

Sorry, I'm really sorry! I've been MIA for so long! I AM SO SORRY! I LOVE YOU ALL! YOU KNOW THAT!

Shit. Deb, I was actually in Narnia . . . tell Jade . . . STALKER! YOU FREAKING STALKER!!! Anywho.

I was actually in Africa and broke my arms. Read my comment on my wall for me to explain :3

Dedicated to JabberJaws, but ... since your compromisition skills suck ... I don't want to use your character since you couldn't have just let the whole "Harry will never be a friend of a friend of Draco Malfoy's, and vice-versa" ... but I'll just have her as a bystander. Hannah=exeption coz Hannah could kill me.

By the way, Violet is NOT Bellatrix's kid, since with Bellatrix, you won't know WHO the Dad is >.> So it's Rebastian! I love his name :3 It also sounds sexier. Okay, I'll stop talking.

~^~~*~*~~^~

Albus Dumbledore had gotten to his feet. He was beaming at the students, his arms opened wide, as if nothing could have pleased him more than to see them all there.

"Welcome," he said. "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you!" He sat back down. Everybody clapped and cheered.

"Is he -- a bit mad?" Harry asked Percy uncertainly.

"Mad?" said Percy airily. "He's a genius! Best wizard in the world! But he is a bit mad, yes. Potatoes, Harry."

"Although I don't like him, I agree," Adi piped in. "He is actually the best wizard in the world! The only man who What's-His-Face wasn't scared of. Oi, give me the carrots," she added, talking to the twins, who ablidged quickly.

Violet smiled. "What's-his-face?" she questioned Adi, who shrugged with a smile.

"I forgot his name, Dad made that one happen with the constant, 'who gives a lime about cheese!'," Adi said with a shrug.

"Because that makes total sence," Sasha said with a coy smile and a nod of her head. Violet noticed, when all eyes were on Adi, she had slipped something into Fred and George's drink, so when they drank their Pumpkin Juice, their hair went green.

Violet smirked when it happened, and looked away at Harry. "Hi," she said.

Harry smiled back at her. "Hi," Harry replied. "Did you do that?"

Sasha smiled to Violet's left. Violet smiled at Harry.

"I know it was you," Violet told Sasha in a whisper.

"Smart," she replied, grabbing a peice of chicken. "I thought I decieved everybody."

"What are you two muttering about!?" Fred yelled at them, trying to look at his forest-green hair.

George gave them both accusing looks.

Sasha and Violet gave them innocent looks that had decieved everybody at the table around them.

"No," they both said, one truthful and one not.

"Ron did it," Sasha added, sending an annoyed glance at the red-head.

Ron's jaw dropped from beside Harry.

"I haven't eaten for nearly four hundred years," said a ghost that had appeared as Ron tried to get a peice of chicken, the previous conversation pausing. "I don't need to, of course, but one does miss it. I don't think I've in troduced myself. Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington at your service. Resident ghost of Gryffindor Tower."

"I know who you are!" said Ron suddenly. "My brothers told me about you -- you're Nearly Headless Nick!"

"I would prefer you to call me Sir Nicholas de Mimsy --" the ghost began stiffly, but sandy-haired Seamus Finnigan interrupted.

"Nearly Headless? How can you be nearly headless?" Sir Nicholas looked extremely miffed, as if their little chat wasn't going at all the way he wanted.

"Like this," he said irritably. He seized his left ear and pulled. His whole head swung off his neck and fell onto his shoulder as if it was on a hinge. Someone had obviously tried to behead him, but not done it properly. Looking pleased at the stunned looks on their faces, but missed Violets blank one, Nearly Headless Nick flipped his head back onto his neck, coughed, and said, "So -- new Gryffindors! I hope you're going to help us win the house championship this year. Gryffindors have never gone so long without winning. Slytherins have got the cup six years in a row! The Bloody Baron's becoming almost unbearable -- he's the Slytherin ghost."

"Well ... I'm not sure about you guys, I think I'm going to call him Sir Nick," Violet said after a moments pause of them all looking over. "It's rude talking about this nearly business."

"How did he get covered in blood?" asked Seamus with great interest.

"I've never asked," said Sir Nick delicately.

When everyone had eaten as much as they could, the remains of the food faded from the plates, leaving them sparkling clean as before. A moment later the desserts appeared. Blocks of ice cream in every flavor you could think of, apple pies, treacle tarts, chocolate eclairs and jam doughnuts, trifle, strawberries, Jell-O, rice pudding.

Violet was too full to eat anything, so she didn't, but she'd know for next time to not eat too much, at a feast, of course.

Adi stared at them before roaring, "THERE'S NO GUMMY BEARS!"

There was a silent pause, before somebody at the opposite end of the hall started to laugh. Violet, Adi and Sasha all looked over to see it was Harley, shaking her head, but laughing, at Adi.

Adi gave Harley a large, sheepish grin, and Harley gave one back.

"Yes! She isn't a Slytherin prat!" Adi whisper-yelled excitedly, thrashing her arms into the air like a twit.

Violet laughed at Adi, and got hit by her flailing arms.

"Oh! Sorry!" Adi said, stopping, and putting them down to her side, and glared at the table, muttering something about gummy bears.

"Why the hell did you accuse me of doing that?!" Ron shouted at Sasha suddenly.

"Because you did," Sasha replied nonchalantly, pulling her leg up beside her, and rebuckled her boots, before putting them down again.

"AHA!" Adi yelled, jumping up and pointing at the table, making everybody jump. "GUMMY BEARS!"

The others stared at her, before shaking their heads, some chuckling a small bit. Violet smiled into her hand, staying quiet. This may be one complicated year.