Wedding

A/N: In the mood to write a wedding scene. 😝

* * *

The strapless dress was tight at the waist. White tulle fabric flowed out from the waist, reaching her ankles. An ornate neckpiece drew attention to her otherwise bare neck. Her honey-blonde hair was curled and placed in an intricate braid, with help from the youngest undine.

Her heart beat quickly as she rapidly scanned the dressing room. The woman in the white dress absently noted the familiar necklace of protection around that rested on her mother's collarbone, paired delicately with a bracelet also imbued with a similar protection charm. she wasn't taking any chances. Her mother stood to the side, a bemused smile lining her mouth. 

"Honey, are you okay? You look frazzled."

"Mom. I'm about to get married." She motioned wildly at what she was wearing. "Weren't you freaking out when you got married to Dad?"

"Of course I was." She smiled warmly. "But I was even more excited than I was nervous. I loved him."

"It's just that... I feel like I'm too young. You were older when you married Dad," Valeriana mumbled, suddenly finding her heels very entertaining. They were tall but not uncomfrotanle- another benefit of Valemnian clothing designers. They knew how to design stylishly with comfort always in mind.

"Val. He's the one for you. He is in love with you, and you are in love with him. I mean, I know that you two got engaged within months of meeting each other, but sometimes these kinds of things happen unexpectedly. You can't control true love's timing."

"I wish that . . . Dad could've been here."

A tear dropped down her mother's cheek. "I know sweetie. I miss him so much too. He would've loved seeing his daughter all grown up- marrying the heir to the Arlandian Kingdom, nonetheless."

"Arlandian continent, you mean. Remember that there are five Continental Lords and their Ladies.  The King rules over all but that's really in name only-"

"Shhh... Of course." She shook her head. "I will never get the hang of this, I swear. All these different lords and ladies-" she laughed now. "So anti-American."

Valeriana pecked her mother on the cheek. "Good thing I'm not just American then, huh Mom?"

"Good luck honey! You're going to love it!"

* * *

Zion stood outside Genevieve's door, hands clasped as he sweatily awaited her. The door opened. "Genevieve?"

A gruff voice answered. "It's me, Zevlin. What'd you want with my sister? You broke her heart last I saw."

"No, it's just that I came to . . . Apologize for my insensitive behavior yesterday. I was impatient and brash, and didn't listen to Genevieve-" 

He stopped as he heard aggressive stomping on the wood floor.

He instantly ducked as the vase she threw at his head shattered against the wall. "You bastard! How could you! "

She ran to him sobbing. "I missed you so much! I'm sorry." She wiped a tear. "I've just been meaning to get rid of that vase forever." She gave a sly smile aimed at her overprotective twin.