Ch. 4 ▲ Photos

Enjoy!

------

The fifth-ranker woke in a chilled sweat. She had just seen Chavi, being held by a dark and ominous figure, presumably the Demon Lord. Except, when it had talked, its voice was that of Chavi's. Yet, different somehow. Colder. More, evil. And distorted, like two people talking at once. She shook the nightmare and groped blindly for the box on her dresser.

Her fingers found it and she automatically clenched it against her chest, relieved. She was tempted to open it now, but remembering that Corvan had been particularly curious as to the contents, she reluctantly put it down. And sighed glumly as she got out of bed near her bag to grab some clothes.

Her mom probably missed her. At least she didn't have to go to the party her mom most likely is going to throw. Sometimes they were a bit scary to be in. Especially being the birthday girl.

Another big sigh. She brushed one side of her bag, and a click sounded. What was that? Well that was new. Forgetting completely about the box now, she eagerly inspected the secret compartment.

Some photos and a seemingly blank piece of paper fell out. She scanned the photos, her mood rapidly taking a downturn as she saw three gruesome corpses with words painted in their blood, I have finally-

Horror filled her mind as she shakingly picked up the paper. She flipped it and saw two bone-chilling words, adressed to a Janus Ándres Kerrigan. -Found you.

She screamed as she put two and two together. The odd murders, the words, the letter... it all made sense. Why her father died. How her father died.

The demon lord had killed him. It wasnt an accident like shed been told that fateful night. No, it had been him.

Corvan came rushing in. "What's wrong?" He asked worriedly.

She pointed a shaking finger at the photos and paper that had slipped from her fingers. "My- my..."

He picked them up and read it, his face slowly darkening as he absorbed the deadly message. "Whoever did this, will pay. Dearly. Not only did they kill your father, a beloved nobleman, they killed three other noble Celeste Knights with these words. These messages.

Still shaking, she nodded glumly and she melancholic, shuffled to the dining room with Corvan supporting her. She couldn't think, the shock was too overwhelming.

Her, dad had been targeted. By the demon lord, nonetheless. She clenched her fists and tears came to her eyes as she wondered for the umpteenth time, who was she?

------

Hope y'all liked it. I'll probably make it longer later, but I saw a couple comments wanting an update so BOOM! Update. Hope you enjoyed! Stay misty my fellow friends!

- whispyfog