Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"AMOS!" Leia screamed from her tent. "Your Oshawott got in here again!"

"Again?! But he was just with me!" Amos argued angrily as he unzipped the tent opening. Leia was trying to push his Oshawott outside, but it was standing firmly.

"Come out, Oliver!" he instructed his pokemon, pointing out of the tent. The Oshawott growled in frustration and ran out.

"That's a stupid name for a Oshawott." Leia told him.

"No it is! It's better then calling a Snivy Severusa!" Amos snarled.

At this, Leia took off his visor-like hat and threw it outside.

"Go! You are in my territory!" Leia snarled back.

"Territory?! What territory? You've gone crazy!" he snickered.

"My tent! Leave my tent!" she shouted. "And make sure your Oshawott stays out!"

Amos rolled his eyes, but got out quickly. He knew better. His cousin usually won fights like that, but it was usually because it ended with a fist fight. Professor Juniper shouldn't have gave her Snivy. It just gave her more power.

His Oshawott, Oliver, was running in circles around the clearing. It had been three days since Amos, Hugh, and Leia got their first pokemon. The only reason why they weren't in Floccesy Town, was because Leia kept wanting to catch pokemon, but she was unfortunately having no luck.

"Is my sister getting annoying again?" a voice asked.

Amos looked around and saw his other cousin, Hugh, sitting in a tree with his Tepig beside him.

"Oliver must like it in her tent or something 'cause he keeps going in there." he explained. Hugh snorted at the sound of the Oshawott's name.

"I heard, but I agree about his name. It is a bit stupid." His cousin stated with a sly smile.

"No it's not! It's a normal name that people use!" Amos snapped defensively.

"That's just it! It's too normal! Severusa is more unique than Oliver! Otherwise you could have just kept his name, Oshawott." His cousin pointed out.

"And you think keeping the Tepig's name is less normal than changing it?" demanded the younger cousin.

Hugh shrugged. "More or less."

"Well I have something to tell you now." Amos said, lowering his voice a little, marking Hugh lower his head so he could hear. "You are the stupidest, weirdest, guy I know!" he laughed. Hugh jumped down from the branch.

"You crossed the line!" he growled angrily. "Tepig!"

The Tepig squeaked and ran forward to face its opponent.

"Oliver!" Amos yelled.

Oliver was still dancing in circles, but ran up to meet Tepig when his name was called.

"Let's see what you know about battling." Hugh sneered.

Amos ignored him, and pulled out his Pokedex. This was one battle he didn't want to lose. Tepig was a Fire Type, which was weak against Oliver since he was a Water Type.

"Water Gun!" he commanded his pokemon.

Oliver leaned forward, and a stream of water hit Tepig right in the face. Tepig oinked with surprise and shook his head violently. Amos looked at the screen, and it showed that one forth of his health was gone.

"Ignore it! Use Ember!" Hugh told his Tepig.

The pig snorted and fire shot out if it snout. Oliver gasped as it hit him in the chest. It did little effect.