Chapter 25

Chapter 25

"You ready to go, Amos?" Sky Blue's voice asked behind Amos.

He jumped and leapt off the bench he was sitting on. Sky and his Empoleon, Pip, were standing next to the Castelia fountain, who were easy to spot even in the busy street.

"Yes!" said Amos, and he picked up his bag.

Amos had not gotten back to the hotel until midnight, and did not sleep all night. He had spent a bit of time on Route 4, thinking about what White had told him and thinking up insults about Team Plasma.

As White had told him, Amos had given Sky Blue the letter that White had entrusted him with when he got back. Apparently Sky understood the letter, because he had told him that they were going to go to Nimbassa City a bit early.

It was now in the late morning, and Amos had been waiting for Sky at the fountain. Leia and Hugh had went to the gym with Mira. His cousins were curious about where he had went, but he had told them that he went looking for pokemon.

"How long does it take to get to Nimbassa City?" Amos asked Sky as they started to walk up the street that lead to the Route 4 gate.

"Five minutes on Rapidash." said Sky with a slight smile. "It will take most of the afternoon if we walk. We would have flew, but Chatter isn't meant to be flown and my Areodactyl is only able to fly one person at a time."

"Why does White want me to go to Nimbassa City anyway?" he asked.

Sky shrugged. "I never try and understand how that girl's mind works. In English, that means I don't have a clue."

His Empoleon gave a small clicking noise.

"That reminds me, " Sky Blue suddenly said, pulling something out of his coat pocket. "I need to give you this." and he handed Amos what looked like a small hearing aid.

"What-"

"It's a little invention of mine that lets the user understand the pokemon language." explained Sky Blue before Amos could finish his sentence. "Me and my lovely assistant, also known as White, made those when we were kids."

Amos stared at the hearing aid in his hand. "Does it, er, work?" Amos asked uncertainty.

Sky Blue pretended to look very offended.

"Course it works! White wouldn't have me give you one if it didn't work! Just don't tell anyone that I gave you one of those. People would die to have that little beauty. Mira has one, but she would have a fit if she found out I gave one of my inventions to someone else."

He shrugged and put it above his right ear. As he put it on, the volume in the city seemed ten times louder. Amos yelped as he heard Pip say in a low voice, "Nice to officially introduce myself."

Sky Blue was grinning and said proudly, "Amazing little beauty, isn't it?"

"How can White stand this?!" Amos hissed as his ears began to ring.

Sky shrugged. "One of the world's greatest mysteries. I asked her the same thing when I made these. She asked me what I was talking about. I have been wondering if the volume is louder on the hearing aids then it actually is."

They were walking though the gate that led to Route 4 now. Voices of passing pokemon and their trainers flooded Amos's brain. He considered taking the hearing aid off, but Pip started to speak.

"Did White tell you about Zoroark?" the Empoleon asked Amos.

He shook his head, but said, "Well, she didn't really say much about him, but I think I figured it out."