Perform

"I told you I didn't want to why would you tell everyone I would play?" You hissed at him.

"(Y/N) I have heard you play many times and you have a wonderful talent..." He started but you shook your head and cut him off.

"No Elijah I can't even make it through one song and I've never played in front of anyone, there's a difference between you hearing it because you were in the house and me playing for you." You sighed and hurried off, pushing past Rebekah who hurried after you.

You avoided Elijah for most of the evening until you ended up standing behind Klaus just so you were out of sight. When your Cello was set on the little stage that had been put together that morning you let out a shaky breath and tried to leave only for a hand to wrap around your writs.

"Come now Love, we both know you're good enough to impress everyone here." Klaus muttered and you shuffled your feet.

"But I..." you mumbled and trailed off when Finn introduced you and said you'd be playing as soon as they were ready.

"You know you can play well, you played for Rebekah last night." He smiled when you rolled your eyes.

"She was teaching me." You arched and eyebrow as Kol pointed at you and Elijah muttered something to him before heading over. "Quick compel me to be good!"

"I'm not going to do that; you don't need me to." He sighed and placed a comforting hand on your arm.

"Please!" You yelped and he sighed.

"You will think that I have compelled you to play well." Klaus let go of you face and let the crowd part as you made your way to the stage.

"She's changed her mind rather quickly, what did you tell her?" Elijah asked as he stood beside Klaus.

"Nothing, just made her believe she's under a compulsion, she's actually playing herself." Klaus stared forward as he let your music flood the room and take over any thought he had.

"...And when she finds out I have no doubt she'll beat you with that instrument." Elijah finished as your song ended and Klaus crashed back to reality.

"I don't intend to tell her until tomorrow, Kol and Rebekah will have gotten her drunk enough to have a hangover and she won't have the energy to react." Klaus smiled and raised his glass as you started another song.